Discussion: Libertarians Pick Ex-New Mexico Gov Johnson For President

Yes, but does Gary Johnson know that? After all, it’s the Libertarian party.

1 Like

Sounds like another rigged system to me. I mean, Bernie Sanders wasn’t even on the ballot. What were Johnson’s super delegates thinking?

12 Likes

And windmill owners throughout the world have invested in countermeasures.

https://drawception.com/pub/panels/2012/5-3/1OZPzRgPw7-4.png

10 Likes

Maybe the Koch Bros will do a cash dump. Would be great if they did.

3 Likes

Gary Johnson is pulling 10% versus Trump and Clinton, per fivethirtyeight. He ran as a republican when he was governor.

2 Likes

The libertarian voter is being torn in many different and seemingly opposing directions this election.

Personally, I do not see the point and I have to wonder where is Ryand Paul or his father even? The lib voters raised all sorts of hell whilst he was in the race.

Johnson was pro pot way back in the nineties but AZ is still not on board. If this is about pot, there are better and more successful advocates.
Colorado is growing weed like it was a weed but we aren’t libs, Democrats got it done and that should be no surprise to anyone.

1 Like

All part of the establishment’s plot to deny Sanders the Presidency. First, they “rig” the Democratic Party so that the candidate with the most votes gets the nomination, now they get the Libertarian Party to choose candidates before Bernie can make a possible switch.

How low will they go? Bernie Bros to the barricades!

7 Likes

What about Weld for the VP slot? When is that decided? A Johnson / Weld combo could be really effective in giving Republicans concerned about Trump a more attractive option (to them) than voting for Hillary, and would accordingly eat into Trump’s vote count. Every bit helps.

2 Likes

A Libertarian / “RINO” Party just might work.

2 Likes

So, either the platform is a lie, or Rand Paul is not a Libertarian. Otherwise, why would he submit the Life At Conception Act, which states (and I quote): human life begins at the moment of conception, and therefore is entitled to legal protection.

Don’t tell me this was just Rand’s way of getting elected (as a Republican) so he could “really” make Republicans pass different legislation.

The Libertarian Party’s snide contempt for “people” is proven by its stated hope of winning because Republicans, terrified of a Democratic tsunami, want to co-op it to try and convince “independents” that Democrats “really” don’t want Hillary.

Guess what? We do. The Libertarian Party is irrelevant.

3 Likes

There are as many strains of Libertarian as there are of the common cold, most of them about as pleasant.

12 Likes

The Vice-Presidential nominee will be picked sometime today. It’s also speculated that an attractive Libertarian ticket, such as Johnson/Weld, will take crossover votes from Hillary from Never-Trump Republicans and independents.

1 Like

Ah, the human condition nicely summarized.

2 Likes

Feel The Johnson!
LOL!

3 Likes

Libertarians are Republicans who smoke too much weed, because anyone, like that idiot Ron Paul, who believes buying gold is going to help you when a global apocalypse hits - a situation where people will be much more concerned with finding food and shelter, and killing each other over jars of peanut butter - is smoking way too much reefer. (And I do not say this to admonish smokers of marijuana, since I also partake of said plant. But, of course, I smoke exactly the right amount. After all, I am a Democrat!)

4 Likes

He should challenge Drumpf to a debate. He actually won a party nomination. They could raise funds for the GOP memorial service.

2 Likes

Third-party polling inevitably drops the closer election day gets. They’ll be doing well, very well, to net half of that.

1 Like

Okay, what happened to the thread about Sanders and why all the flags?

1 Like

No obvious trolls. I suspect that some folks got pissy and triggered the auto nuclear detonation option.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available