Discussion: LGBT Magazine Names President Obama 'Ally Of The Year'

Discussion for article #242695

Now, if only his Library blueprints would leak and reveal…a pyramid shape…yikes.

9 Likes

Who can not love our President Obama? Oh wait, I know who doesn’t.

7 Likes

Liberal
Government
Black
Titan

4 Likes

UGH. Currently ROLLING around IN FECEs.

6 Likes

Sigh. Gonna miss him, fiercely. And I love that photo. Hero. Ally. Icon. Indeed.

10 Likes

Bu…bu…but he’s just like Bush! There’s no difference! Oh, wait…

10 Likes

I love this guy!

BEST PRESIDENT EVER!!

8 Likes

Am I the only one that thinks they should have put Joe Biden on the cover instead? What about Anthony Kennedy?

I know that Pres. Obama was helpful, but it was Biden that got the ball rolling and forced the president to come out in support of gay marriage, and without Anthony Kennedy there would still be 25+ states where gay people couldn’t get married for about 20-30 years.

I’m not sure Anthony Kennedy would appreciate being on the cover of an LGBT magazine, but thats just my opinion.

Biden spoke out before Obama did, but Obama would have publicly spoken in favor of gay marriage before that election in 2012, even if Joe hadn’t first.

2 Likes

Better looking and smarter. But otherwise, about the same.

I was under the impression that both POTUS and VPOTUS were on the same page re: same sex marriage but the issue was more one of timing. Obama was going to publicly support the issue but Biden sort of beat him to the punch and went public first.

4 Likes

It was just a matter of days between public statements from Biden and Obama, but Biden was first, yes, I remember.

2 Likes

BeattyCat: A proud American who supported and voted for President Barack Obama. :grinning:

3 Likes

I suppose they are similar or the same on a few issues – but absolutely nearly opposite with regards to civil rights for everyone, voting rights, (most) environmental issues, the finer points about when and where to put boots on the ground, etc. I understand what you’re saying and I can’t 100% disagree – but I will say that I do disagree about 75%.

That was not my understanding at all. If you look at the administrations positions directly after, they tried to walk the statement back, and the media reported on it as though it was a gaffe. It was only after VP Biden made the statement that Pres. Obama was pressured into taking a Pro SSM position. Before that he had been “evolving” (whatever that means). And the administrations position had never suggested it was going to come out in support.

And this:

Our box turtle overlords have won.

So many layers of awesome…so many layers…

Tony Perkins clutches his pearls and throws a hissy fit in 3…2…1

1 Like