Discussion: Letterman Has The Perfect Idea Colbert's First 'Late Show' Guest (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #231644

I can’t believe we have to wait all the way till May or June for Colbert to take over the show. What a long way to go without my nightly dose of truthiness.

6 Likes

TMZ: where you gotta go to get the real news. Kinda like Fux

1 Like

TMZ “hounds” someone in a public place… and TPM reports on the hounding.

It’s hard to decide which is more pathetic.

5 Likes

TPM’s coverage is worse because they are taking Letterman’s answer seriously, when in reality he probably just said something to get the hounding paps away. I can see TPM outsourcing to Politico or AP for stories, but TMZ is ridiculous!

5 Likes

I hear Colbert’s debut is set for August.

1 Like

Looking a little causal there … looks like someone you’d see dozing off in the subway.

1 Like

We all know that he will trick former Pope Benedict into being his first guest. That’s a given.

1 Like

With spittle on his chin

I don’t think you’re going to get “truthiness” when Colbert hosts the program since he will be himself and not the right wing persona we enjoyed.

I’m hoping Colbert keeps his show the way it is…

I know, but he’ll still do topical stuff including political jokes in the monologue if he follows the same format as every other network TV late night show since time in memorial. My guess is that he’ll inject his wit and wry humor in that way, so at least we’ll still get to enjoy his comical genius, even if it isn’t quite the satire it used to be from his old show.

I miss his old persona already. If you ask me he still had another good 10 years of material as a rightwing nutball, but I can understand why he would want to move on. Playing a full blown wingnut, forced to stay in character, would drive any sane person crazy after awhile.

Knowing TPM, I assumed they took Letterman’s response as a sarcastic “get out of my face,” otherwise they would not have sourced TMZ.