Discussion: Letterman Asks O'Reilly: How Are You Not Like Brian Williams? (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #234670

Shorter O’Reilly: “Obviously I didn’t lie, look at my ratings!”

26 Likes

“Our ratings now are as high as they’ve ever been, so I think they do trust me and I’m glad they do.”

That the credulous and gullible believe your every word does not make your every word the truth, you mendacious fuck.

18 Likes

People trust the men to do completely different things. O’Reilly’s stock in trade is to validate his fan’s prejudices in a way that nobody would ask of Brian Williams.

9 Likes

Letterman…“You Lied”

Bill O’…“Hey my ratings are up.”

Somewhat analogous to the response, “Yes, but I made the trains run on time.”

4 Likes

He likes the attention and imagines himself with the same level of fame as Letterman.

3 Likes

Quoting Snoop…“Fuck Bill O’Reilly”

2 Likes

His ratings are irrelevant. He is the leader of a cult. His viewers don’t care if he lies.

10 Likes

They must have negotiated a deal where Dave would bring up old transgressions as if they’re being history makes them less culpable, whereas O’Reilly’s career and credibility have been built on a series of exaggerations about his childhood, school athletic experience, and journalistic experience. He lies ALL THE TIME, and Dave let him slide as a former liar. I call BS, Dave. Go for the jugular!

3 Likes

Letterman was incoherent. Rambling. Uniformed. Embarrassing. He dropped the ball on a chance to ask this fraud a few pointed questions. But we shouldn’t really expect a late-night host to probe this fake on his lies. O’Reilly remains a joke and punch line. Perhaps Letterman can redeem himself by working Billo into his opening monologue some night. He was obviously uncomfortable - and incapable - with doing it face to face.

1 Like

Before Dave could go for the jugular he’d have to hack through the neck wattle. Between that and the pot belly I didn’t realize how deeply unattractive the liar was. Also, he 's a failure without a script.

2 Likes

Bill O’Reilly can say whatever he wants because he knows big names like Letterman aren’t going to actually hold his feet to the fire. Letterman completely let O’Reilly rule the interview. I want to see how he holds up with Stewart. Until then he’s still completely full of shit as far as I can see. Just really good at dodging and muddying the water.

2 Likes

Letterman is a puss.

1 Like

High ratings are much like the result of the training of seals to clap in unison.

2 Likes

Our ratings now are as high as they’ve ever been

So, we have a “chicken and egg” issue here… Are the ratings higher because Fox is dishonest or is Fox institutionally dishonest in its quest for higher ratings?

In any event, it does not appear to me that the words ‘Fox’ and ‘News’ should be used in the same phrase ever again.

1 Like

Letterman also left out allegations

He’s a comic not even trying to sweep up after the dysfunctional press like Stewart but still light years ahead of Village niche warmers.

A nation of malignorants is the only reason BilloRealityShow has high numbers.

Folks are too stupid and lacking in ethics to be bothered about being fooled over and over and over and overs and over…

1 Like

You have to give O’Reilly credit - he turns bold-faced lying into an art form. The man is as slippery, deceitful, and undeservedly cocky as they come - he’s worse than Hannity or those other firebrands in that he wraps the same deceit and narrative into a package more readily consumed by the masses. If, as Socrates said, the root of all evil is ignorance, this man is the devil.

4 Likes

The truth rolls in, the lies roll out, no miscommunication there.

“Our ratings now are as high as they’ve ever been, so I think they do trust me and I’m glad they do.”

That’s the beauty of working for Fox. They don’t need any credibility because their audience doesn’t demand any credibility.

2 Likes