Discussion: Lawyer Says InfoWars Host Alex Jones Is A 'Performance Artist'

1 Like

This is interesting to me. Would it be possible to get Jones to say under oath that everything he says on his show is a lie?
That is essentially the defense position. I would like to see it spelled out with more granularity.

27 Likes

Performance artist?

Whatevah … as long as he doesn’t get naked and smear chocolate all over his chubby body.

2 Likes

At a recent pretrial hearing, attorney Randall Wilhite told state District Judge Orlinda Naranjo that using his client Alex Jones’ on-air Infowars persona to evaluate Alex Jones as a father would be like judging Jack Nicholson in a custody dispute based on his performance as the Joker in “Batman.”

That’s the wrong actor/film to judge him by…and he can’t be judged via Heath or Cesar Romero either.

4 Likes

“I don’t mean anything I say. Contrary to my words, I’m a decent human being. I pretend to be a monster only to incite anger for profit!”

29 Likes

With that logic, every time I have a bowel movement, I’m a performance artist too…

14 Likes

Jack Nicholson played The Joker in Batman because, in 1989, there was no other person being discussed for the role – he was perfect for it at the time. It seems that the real Alex Jones is the perfect person to play the media version of Alex Jones.

3 Likes

ummmm this is the closest and please notice that he didn’t say that he lies.

4 Likes

Jack Nicholson / Jack Torrence might be more appropriate.

2 Likes

He is a performer… just like the WWF wrestlers are. Can you really take those wrestlers seriously?
C’mon Ameriica! Think.

1 Like

I nominate Bruno Ganz, Youtube favorite of millions.
Downfall.

3 Likes

ummmmm both are separate entities.

1 Like

I’d be completely down for him to smear raw meat on himself and jump into the bear exhibit at the Austin Zoo.

6 Likes

“Jeez guys, I was just joking.”

How often is this defense used by Trump, et al. when they get challenged by the truth? Quite a schoolyard attitude towards anything serious.

10 Likes

Tell the parents/families and the whole community of Sandy Hook, that this is all performance art and doesn’t reflect who Alex Jones is as a person and a father. Tell that to those parents who are continually harassed, stalked and worse due to Alex Jones “Performance Art” that raves that it was all staged, there were no deaths, because it was a False Flag operation. Tell that to the couple who receive hostile communications demanding that they (the couple who lost their child in the school massacre) must exhume their child’s body in order to Prove that the child died.

Then show the clip where Jones says that his son will one day be better than he at the Info Wars show schlock.

18 Likes

The SPCA would sue and immediately move for judgment on the pleadings.

3 Likes

Alex Jones wouldn’t know performance art if it kicked his ass, destroyed him, cut off his head and raped him.

2 Likes

Same as Fox “News”.

Ironically, there’s a pretty good argument to be made that his fitness as a parent doesn’t really depend on whether he believes the crap he’s spouting. There will be serious negative repercussions for his kids regardless of whether he’s slightly more hinged in private. (Can you imagine the therapy bills from “Don’t believe any of the stuff Dad says in public about the world blowing up, and don’t worry about people killing each other based on what he says; Dad is just doing it to make lots of money to keep you and your siblings in a nice house with nice things.”)

9 Likes

It’s only performance art if you present it that way to your audience. Otherwise it’s, at best, a scam.

11 Likes

I would guarantee his listeners don’t view his show as performance art.

8 Likes