Discussion: Lawyer Says His Nazi Sympathizer Client Was Radicalized By Fox News, Ben Shapiro

Sorry Ben. One of the consequences of being a fire-breathing a$$hole on reality-tv/radio is that some nutcases are listening and will claim to act on your inspirational hate.

32 Likes

This is completely believable - in fact, it’s hard to see how else these people get to these places. It’s not like they’re taught in school that Nazis are fun.

17 Likes

Guess you missed that one class photo from somewhere in the mid-west where most of the kids were doing the nazi salute…

6 Likes

Being a Jew is no exemption from accusations of promoting Nazi ideas. When can deplorables stop playing their imaginary “identity politics”?

18 Likes

Yup, Shapiro is ‘orthodox’ alright, but not in the way he describes.

6 Likes

Soooo…watching a lot of Shapiro fast-talking his egregious nonsense is enough to make a person hate all Jews?

I’ll leave that ambiguous. The guy certainly meant one thing, but I find the other equally plausible, because Shapiro is a loathsome little shit.

4 Likes

If you’re talking about this photo, you might want to read the context before jumping to conclusions.

3 Likes

No, this one:

18 Likes

If the jackboot fits…

7 Likes

Ah, yes, that’s somewhat less likely to be the Bellamy…

4 Likes

[cough Stephen Miller cough]

12 Likes

How do you “radicalize” a Nazi sympathizer?

And what’s with burning the lawn?

blames his radicalization on his wife

Obviously not a pure Trumpian, where you are taught to grab their nether regions, not be whipped by them.

2 Likes

“blames his radicalization on his wife who he says was indoctrinated by Fox News and Ben Shapiro, eventually leading her the Nazi website Stormfront, per his lawyer.”

I was always taught to cite your references. This is an excellent example.

16 Likes

I’m curious to see if this story gets any coverage at CNN. A radical NAZI sympathizer admits he’s been radicalized, and blames the radical right wing media for his radicalization. I would seriously love to see CNN play this up.

7 Likes

Because people aren’t born nazi, you instill it.

Watch things like these for some perspective on just how they move the needle.

4 Likes

As a leading philosopher and student of human behavior has taught us, there are “very fine people on both sides.”

5 Likes

Shapiro was making a name as a conservative wunderkind while he was still in HS. When Parkland students became activists as a result of the shooting, he dismissed them and other young activists and deemed their opinions and work uninformed and not worthy of attention. He is a just a gilded turd.

from Huffpost

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro, meanwhile, questioned whether the survivors of a mass shooting had any special insight on the issue of gun violence, and that they were merely being used by the left.

“What, pray tell, did these students do to earn their claim to expertise?” Shapiro wrote in National Review. “They were present during a mass shooting, and they have the right point of view, according to the Left. There’s a reason that producers at CNN are eager to put junior Cameron Kasky in front of the cameras: He says things like ‘You’re either with us or against us.’ It seems a stretch to think that if Kasky were instead advocating for more armed school security, CNN would be breaking into its primetime lineup to air his views.”

from The Guardian

Conservative movement stalwart the National Review is similarly fastidious – but they’ll reliably put their shoulders to the wheel to prevent measures that might lessen the incidence of large scale, random slaughter. Ben Shapiro spat out a would-be demolition of the students, and the left, arguing that their activism should be dismissed because in adolescence, “the emotional centers of the brain are overdeveloped in comparison with the rational centers of the brain”.

5 Likes

My point being if the dude was a Nazi sympathizer, he’s already been ‘radicalized’.

3 Likes