Discussion: Lawyer Arguing Against Obamacare: Statute Written By White Women And Minorities

It could. After all, Roberts stated that racism was a thing of the past. Therefore “minorities” don’t really exist (any more than left-handers).

Women?

Whatever insulting is stated about women, I am sure that, in BaggerNation, at least, women will “stand by their man.”

2 Likes

Okay folks, this may be a bit off topic, but would someone please tell me how being liberal became such a bad thing among republicans/libertarians? According to republicans/libertarians they are all about freedom. How can they be for freedom but against everything liberals??? And more importantly, why does the media allow the republicans to coop freedom when the very definition of conservatism is the antonym of liberal (see below).

lib·er·al /ˈlib(ə)rəl/
adjective
adjective: liberal

1. open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
    “they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people”

• - favorable to or respectful of individual rights and freedoms.
"liberal citizenship laws

"***

synonyms: tolerant, unprejudiced, unbigoted, broad-minded, open-minded, enlightened; More
permissive, free, free and easy, easygoing, libertarian, indulgent, lenient

“the values of a liberal society”

antonyms: narrow-minded, bigoted

•(in a political context) favoring maximum individual liberty in political and social reform.
“a liberal democratic state”

synonyms: progressive, advanced, modern, forward-looking, forward-thinking, progressivist, enlightened, reformist, radical
“a liberal social agenda”

antonyms: reactionary, conservative

4 Likes

Michael Carvin, the attorney arguing on behalf of the plaintiffs in the King v. Burwell
case, said this challenge is different because the argument against the law centers on a statute that was “written by white women and minorities.”

“White women and minorities?” What an odd way to refer to the Right Wing Heritage Foundation.

4 Likes

Hey boys! Look what I got here!

Where all the white women at?

1 Like

Because more than half the population is stupider than average, and think of how stupid your average person is.

2 Likes

The only thing missing from that photo is my fist crushing his face.

1 Like

His cerebral cortex is trying to escape.

2 Likes

“a statute that was written three years ago, not by dead white men but by living white women and minorities.”

Someone needs to send him the demographic information on our Congresscritters.

3 Likes

If you go back to Massachuesetts as the original framework of the law, you may very well be right. I highly doubt that Romney would have allowed minorities and women to have any hand in writing their healthcare law when he was governor.

5 Likes

Why do conservative lawyers and whatever always come off as so unprofessional with statements like this? When the thing was mostly written by white men at any rate.

3 Likes

Now I understanding their opposition to common core too.

2 Likes

Richard Cranium.

water on the brain

2 Likes

I’m guessing that was his way of impressing Scalia.

Ironically, I think it might impress Thomas even more.

Gee, funny how “liberal” describes the founding fathers.

3 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

Seriously…

6 Likes

The man has a big head and a small mind. I take it he is a member of the Federalist Society.

9 Likes

Well, looking at him gave me erectile dysfunction.

2 Likes