Discussion: Lawyer Arguing Against Obamacare: Statute Written By White Women And Minorities

Yeah, but Carvin imagines he’s not that Atticus but the one who was defending a white landed gentry against the charge of raping a black woman… well that and the fact that the attic in his head is as prominent as the one within Atticus’s name.

You’re a bit late in recognizing that the parties have switched as well :slight_smile: Though if you’re from the UK that would be an excuse, especially given how much Republicans like to promote themselves as the “party of Lincoln”, and continue to refer to Democrats as the party of the KKK even though the latter moved over to the Rs decades ago.

Foundationally, Republicans are the part of big capital and industry, and Democrats are the party of agriculture and workers. That hasn’t changed much; what has changed is how those interest groups regard actual policies as being in their interest or not. Social issues have always been used as a tool by both parties to get votes from people who wouldn’t otherwise vote for them, or at least to drive enthusiasm among those who don’t care much for more abstract and boring issues like budgets.

I agree, even though I could not help myself either. There is plenty to mock him for besides those things…

Like why are white guys who write laws credited for being the individuals they are but the rest are only relevant for the group to which they belong? And what’s with him calling Republican judges just that while Obama appointees are “a bunch of Obama judges”? What are they… carrots? He must think Obama only appoints minorities. In fact 63% of them are white.

MST 3000 …what a great show.

1 Like

The Hills Have Eyes?

1 Like

Abbie Normal.

I thought the case was over subsidies… not over anything else.

And it is most unfortunate that his photo preceded the article’s text. I felt some sympathy for his suffering from “reverse hemorrhoidism”. Hey! When he lays down, do his feet start to rise?

I’m a bit late replying too! Being British is no excuse for my ignorance, which I will work to correct. It was just disconcerting to be reading about Republicans not being arseholes!

Exactly. What struck me when I ready that was the utter contempt for the judicial system that dripped from every word. He’s insulting all the judges on that bench, and by extension every federal judge in the country, by saying that the only thing that matters to their decisions is their party affiliation. And I wouldn’t be surprised if some judges (regardless of who appointed them) let him and members of his firm know that.

1 Like

That is the real tragedy in this case.

Not just that but he also stated that he would not loose a single Repug Justice’s vote. That alone tells you that this is nothing but political and that he recognizes that the SC has become a political body. A body that for now at least is an arm of the Repug Party. Can’t wait to hear the squeals when the number switches…soo-ee, soo-ee

Actually, the original framework of the law was written by the Rightwing Heritage Fdn. with the mandate included. It was introduced in the congress by Newt Gingrich as a counter to Hillary’s health care proposal. Ironic that now they fight that originally Republican plan when Obama implements it.

Makes me wonder where this fella got his law degree - Cracker Jack box!!?? Pun not intended.

This dude looks like the love child of Kelsey Grammer and Peter Boyle.

There is something wrong with man’s head. Possibly this is a physical manifestation of all the stupid inside.

These is something wrong with this man’s head. Possibly this is a physical manifestion of all the stupid inside.

There is something wrong with this man’s head. Possibly a physical manifestation of all the stupid inside.

This reminds me of a moment from the 2008 campaign. When the 2008 Democratic Convention was on tv, I asked my 3 kids, then ranging in age from 9 to 14, to watch for a while and tell me if they noticed anything unusual about the people at the convention. They did, and none of them could see anything that really stuck out. So I told them that the next week the Republicans would be on tv and I was going to ask them the same question.
A week rolls around, the R’s are on tv, and I again ask my kids to watch. A few choice comments:
“They’re all WHITE!”
“And they’re OLD!”
“Why are they wearing those silly hats?”

It’s the fact that everybody participates on the Democratic side that bothers them. It’s the political embodiment of the “one drop of blood” argument. And that’s why they think that having Ben Carson, Herman Caine, Condolezza Rice and Alan Keyes in their party makes them inclusive. The fact that policy is set by a vast majority is beside the point.

Let’s see now. White women and Minorities… oh you mean 70% of all Americans, don’t you?

Fuck you Michael Carvin.

Sincerely,
A White Man

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available