Discussion: Lara Trump Confirms Rep.'s Account Of POTUS' Call, But Says It Lacked Context

Fun Fact: Lara Trump’s nickname is now officially Sahar.

(Qusay Hussein’s wife was named Sahar al-Rashid.)

13 Likes

Or invent a “transcript” after the fact.

2 Likes

Agreed the Khans were grief stricken, but trump set up Kelly in order to segue into what he thought was an absence of grief for fallen soldiers from President Obama. When moron in chief or his surrogate in stupid shows up at dawn to do this we can talk about Kelly’s grief.

7 Likes

Aaaaaaaand right on cue…here come the trolls to lecture us on what Trump’s words actually meant.

Later, Kellyanne Conway will elucidate Donald’s telephone call through interpretive dance.

Followed by Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ ever-popular mime routine. (Love the glass-box segment!)

And finally, brissy and justamarine, with their synchronized semaphore bit – always a crowd pleaser.

23 Likes

Even if Wilson took the comment out of context…

Trump claimed he did not say the words. He claimed to have proof that he did not say the words.

Proof has come out, from his chief of staff and daughter-in-law, that he in fact said the words. That he flat out lied about what he said.

THAT is the story. Blatant, completely proven lies. Again. For no good reason other than to protect his ego.

8 Likes

Perfect.

4 Likes

Izvestia! Now, IN SEMAPHOOOOORE!!!

7 Likes

Lara Trump is now officially a producer of trump spawn.

5 Likes

Why is this frosted-blonde fuck allowed to see a White House transcript? And that motherfucking dipshit husband of hers isn’t supposed to be anywhere near the workings of the White House.
See if you can get this message, Lara, since it has all the “context” you’ll need: go fuck yourself. Oh, and just in case you didn’t know it, you and your husband just made it damned near impossible for Daddykins to keep that little transcript private anymore, since I have just as much of a right to see it as you do, asshole - and your husband shouldn’t have been allowed to see it at all.

6 Likes

I’m still cheering Maddow on the story she presented last night on how the four soldiers came to be killed in Niger, and bizarrely it involved the moron admin fucking up and putting Chad on a list of countries banned from coming here.

11 Likes

Can he read ? If not, it’s OK…

3 Likes

So, the call was “recorded”. Was the transcript written during or after the call. Or worse, was the transcript actually a script, and we all know how well the President* follows a script.

This article actually brings up more questions.

6 Likes

WOW, Brissy is still trying to defend that Fucking Moron, even in this matter? How much lead paint could he have eaten as a child?

6 Likes

It’s Fox News, Jake.

5 Likes

IF Wilson intentionally took the comment out of context, shame on her.

But we know that Trump said the words “he knew what he was getting into”, or something similar.
We know with certainty that Trump denied saying those very words.

And we know that Trump could have explained the context, and reasonable people might have seen he had a point. But he chose to flat out lie to every American, every soldier, and every Gold Star family about what he, as President, said.

Who should be ashamed more?

5 Likes

I’m sure General Kelly will be stunned that the transcript of this very personal and private call was made available to people who don’t even work in the White House.

9 Likes

Kelly really failed on this one. trump was clearly not the person to make such a call. He took what kelly told him and predictably mangled the sentiment. Instead of comfort – it was received as an attack. That’s on trump and Kelly, not the grieving family. Both he and trump could have apologized for unintentional insensitivity and clarified their heartfelt condolences. But they are both such vain men – you could see this in Kelly at the presser. His pompous performance was to cover for his own ineptitude as much as it was for trump’s. And the bizarre racial tinged attack on Rep. Wilson - and with deliberate lies. Its hard to believe these are the fucked up men who wield power over all our lives.

9 Likes

Our Loathsome Leader’s tweets are his official words. Trump said so himself. I don’t think his tweets can be ignored. The call is no longer “personal” with Trump’s staff and family weighing in, and god knows who else will follow. Here is the text of Trump’s tweet from yesterday:

The Fake News is going crazy with wacky Congresswoman Wilson(D), who was SECRETLY on a very personal call, and gave a total lie on content!

Kelly’s remarks only made it worse, and now Lara Trump!

3 Likes

I can’t figure out why I would even care what she said, thinks, or does. Neither can I figure out why TPM, or the Press in general would even print it.
What are her acconplishments, what has she done to deserve this National attention?

Nothing? I thought so.

This is the second time Lara Trump has commented publicly about some Trump media disaster in the past few days. Clearly, they must think she has a chance to become the “credible” one. What I live for is the day when the Trump kids have lost all their money, have to work regular jobs, and realize that no one gives a shit what they have to say about anything.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available