Discussion: Ky. Judge: Saying Gay Marriage Is Bad For The Economy Is Not The Argument 'Of Serious People'

Discussion for article #224642

What the RWNJ’s are really saying is, “The only reason I got married and had children was because it wasn’t legal for me to set up housekeeping with my rent boy. So if the state makes it legal, I’ll leave my wife, and not have any more children.”

16 Likes

These arguments are not those of serious people. Though it seems almost unnecessary to explain

Fact: Married gay friends will celebrate their union with a bash that’s already costing over $30K…Take that, economy!

13 Likes

By the way, according to Wikipedia, Heyburn is a McConnell-recommended GHW Bush Judge.

7 Likes

I wonder if these people even know what real intimacy is?  I’ll give them a hint; it’s not a man jumping
on a woman for two or three minutes and then rolling off to turn the game on.

5 Likes

Yeah? Because we should always let the courts decide on basic civil rights for people in this country based on how it affects the economy…even if it is totally fabricated nonsense with nothing to back it up. What a losing laughable argument.

Good thing, the majority of courts aren’t buying that load of bullshit…at least not on this issue…

9 Likes

America now has a mental illness epidemic. The people like Santorum who says gays getting married affects the economy negatively is proof.

5 Likes

What I don’t understand is if the purpose of marriage is for procreation, then why are we allowing all of these seniors past the child bearing age to get married. Why isn’t there anyone out there telling them they can’t get married?

17 Likes

Santorum is so deep in the closet he is finding next years Christmas Presents.

11 Likes

These are republicans … all that math and science and logic stuff doesn’t really work with them, they live in a faith based world where cause and effect is optional.

2 Likes

“to turn the game on.”

Wait…you are supposed to turn the game off during??

10 Likes

Good job Judge! A gay couple will not reproduce married or not, so whoever came up with this silly argument against gay marriage needs to straighten up. No pun intended.

3 Likes

®s are f^cking kidding. :wink:
Right?

jw1

1 Like

Pretty sure ®s understand that activity as Twister!

jw1

2 Likes

I suppose the State was operating under the assumption that only straight people have or want children. To be so against gay marriage, these opponents seem to have a very skewed view on healthy marriage.

2 Likes

Surrogacy?

1 Like

Few and far apart use that method. But even then, that would be yet another argument to sustain that married gay couples do reproduce, making that silly argument brought by the State even more stupid.

2 Likes

The argument is silly solely because procreation is not a requirement of marriage, whether gay or straight. As many can’t or don’t want to have children, regardless of their orientation. I just mentioned surrogacy , since you said " A gay couple will not reproduce married or not".

5 Likes

But that’s just a one time economic stimulus. Children (at least my boys) cause economic stimulus (repairs to stuff and themselves) to happen over and over again.

1 Like

Following the logic that more is better… what about those 11 million immigrants that we won’t let fully participate in our economy.

4 Likes