Discussion: Kris Kobach Floats Idea Obama Wants To Protect Black Criminals From Prosecution

Discussion for article #234002

Wow.
Hey Mr. Kobach, just drop all the pretense and appear at your next news conference in full KKK Regalia OK?
The hood and robes will make you more comfortable.

28 Likes

“Word is going to come down that there just won’t be any prosecutions of
black criminals and I can see it happening,” the caller said, according
to the Topeka Capital-Journal. “** I don’t think I’m nuts for envisioning it**.”

I’m sure you don’t, but fortunately for the nation, practically everyone else does.

31 Likes

Is there any way TPM can manipulate the Intertoobz so that only people who vote in Kansas can see articles related to Kobach and Brownback? Because, despite all the evidence available in November, 2014, those numbskulls re-elected both of them. I see no reason why the rest of us should suffer for their dumbfuckery.

16 Likes

Kobach is just a Koch-sucker with a BA.

10 Likes

“We’ve already seen it from Eric Holder in his failure to prosecute the
Black Panthers who, a strong case could be made, there was certainly
enough to charge them with voter intimidation but that case didn’t go
anywhere because the attorney general elected to ignore it,” the caller
said.

Because, as we all know, in the white reactionary universe, only white, right wing nut jobs are allowed to intimidate voters.

23 Likes

What would be interesting, but not surprising, is if he changes his middle name to “Kevin” or maybe “Kenneth.” Might as well go full-boat racist, eh, KKKris?

4 Likes

You mean the way that Mr. Kobach and the GOP wants to protect White criminals from prosecution?

Oh wait…the GOP is already doing that…but I haven’t seen any evidence of Obama trying to protect Blacks from prosecution.

6 Likes

It must be tiring to live with so much hate and racism in you.

18 Likes

Kobach’s racism has been a known quantity before now. His continued presence as Kansas’ SoS says buttloads about what’s wrong with Kansas.

8 Likes

Frank’s book “What’s the matter with Kansas” states early on that Kansas isn’t a racist state… well, he was wrong.

6 Likes

John Brown’s body is a-turning in its grave.

4 Likes

The W in his name stands for White power.

3 Likes

Multiple instances of voter intimidation and misinformation occur in low income neighborhoods every election. Door hangers are left directing voters to the wrong polling place. Sometimes they inform the voter of an incorrect date for an election. Volunteers call from phone banks telling people if they have unpaid parking tickets, alimony, child support, etc they’ll be arrested when they show up to cast a ballot. I don’t hear or read of conservatives upset with the Justice Department for not doggedly tracking down these schemes and prosecuting those responsible. Why the lack of outrage for voter intimidation happening on a far grander scale than anything the New Black Panthers (allegedly) were up to?

20 Likes

“Hi, Kris…First time caller, longtime racist here…”

25 Likes

My family thankfully left Kansas back at the beginning of the last century, and I thank them profusely. I mean both Brownback and Kobach (and that’s only the tip of the ice-berg) as political figures? Almost makes Texas look sane.

8 Likes

“Word is going to come down that there just won’t be any prosecutions of black criminals and I can see it happening,”

You don’t have to look very far to see why we have such a huge racial disparity in our prisons.

15 Likes

“He basically made it true and gave us a clue, through various public statements that the civil rights laws were only to protect minority races and he was not going to be enforcing them to the benefit of white people who are discriminated against on the basis of their race.”

That’s a key tell and the essential lie of the racist argument - that it’s zero-sum game about us vs. them. It demonstrates an interest in maintaining perceptual separation by race, and racists need to maintain that separation in order to continue to benefit from the patterns that have historically favored their entrenched advantages.

10 Likes

It pays the bills.

2 Likes

I cannot even express how much I detest this man. He is cagey and smart and as right winged as the best of them

6 Likes