Discussion: Kobach Blasts Dems' 'Pathetic' Attempt To Link C'Ville, Bogus Voter Fraud Panel

2 Likes

Um…pathetic? Why, yes, you are, indeed.

5 Likes

If Kris Kobach thinks he can outplay a cunning old Congressional fox like Chuck Schumer, he’s welcome to try. Kobach is gonna get indicted for conspiracy (see, #RNC #TrumpRussia, #Kislyak) and he might even go to jail.

3 Likes

This guy is an enemy of the people. When that bastard “President” is gone this tool needs to get slapped in leg irons.

3 Likes

Alternately:

Racist Wingnut Upset About Being Linked To Racist Wingnuts

5 Likes

Well pointing out that the entire “voter fraud” fiction is a fabricated “problem”, the upshot to any “fix” being that it is indeed to disenfranchise minority voters who tend to vote overwhelmingly for Democrats, Schumer’s point is not only intelligent, but factually accurate.

8 Likes

Schumer didn’t tie the panel’s repression of voter rights to Charlottesville. He tied it to the administration’s embrace of the KKK, Nazis, and other white supremacists who make up Trump’s base.

9 Likes

Nobody said anything about photo I.D. laws Kris.

2 Likes

The “Voter Fraud” panel, and Kobach personally, were being criticized long before Charlottesville happened. Trump’s response to Charlottesville reinforced the valid concerns about the real purpose of the panel.

Oh yeah, when Republicans use the term “pathetic” to describe something a Democrat, or anyone else, has done - well, you can be pretty sure you’ve hit a nerve too close to the truth.

3 Likes

…because the vehicle we are attempting run people over with is entirely metaphorical…

3 Likes

How many pardons can a president grant? Right now the list is growing. Will Kobach fit?

Schumer clearly rattled Kobach. He must keep pushing this button.

Speaking of which, “legislative white supremacy” is a phrase I’d like to see out there. As in, “The goal of gerrymandering and voter suppression is legislative white supremacy.”

6 Likes

Stealing that.

2 Likes

My best non-lawyer’s understanding is that the President cannot pardon anyone who is accused in the same conspiracy for which he is indicted.

1 Like

I see that a president cannot pardon people for state crimes, unlike the sheriff’s which was Federal, and so will the rest of the trumpp circle.

1 Like

I thought they’d quit doing anything with the election integrity commission, or should I say had never started?

Also cannot pardon co-conspirators even if they are federal charges.

2 Likes