Discussion: Klobuchar: Being Mean To My Staff Proves I Can Deal With Putin

This sounds like something Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s Selena Meyer would say in VEEP.

In any case, it’s nice to see that the Democratic field of presidential candidates is already starting the process of “auto-pruning”.

Evidently you’ve never had an abusive boss of either gender nor have seen an abusive boss of either gender in action. And fuck the male bosses who are abusive. Equal condemnation. No other rules for different genders.

You may have heard of this thing called the me too movement.

It’s the other way around. People who are so insecure and incapable of handling stress that they have to yell at and denigrate their staff do not belong anywhere near the heat of the political kitchen.

3 Likes

Yes. I’m missing your point, though. I’m not saying an abusive boss can’t be female or a female abusive boss is more or less ok than a male one. I’m saying a female abusive boss is more likely to get criticized for behaviors a male boss is more likely to get cheered on for.

Speaking as a people manager myself, there is no scenario, none, where this behavior is warranted or acceptable.

4 Likes

That was absolutely once true.

Near as I can tell, it’s still true. Doesn’t make it right.

1 Like

You seem to be negating the me too movement.

I was interested in Klobuchar until this came out. She has always been abusive and demeaning. This was true in her previous gig; it got so bad in the Senate that Harry Reid had to talk to her.

No excuses should be made for her, period.

1 Like

I would just as soon that the President not scream and throw things at Putin. I don’t think that’s productive in any situation.

2 Likes

Her clumsy campaign thus far has nearly reduced me to tears…

He was so obviously going nowhere, it was not necessary to focus on anything he was saying at this stage.

1 Like

Schultz is still running? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

He had his 15 and the media dropped him like he was hot after that.

2 Likes

He’s still in the “might run” as an Ind. category along with some other non-starters McAuliffe, Bennet of CO. et al. It’s as if these guys have had a refreshing nap and say to themselves, what should I do for the rest of the afternoon? Oh, I’ll announce I’m thinking of running for pres.

The “likely to run” aren’t any prettier, Biden, Swalwell, Bullock of MT, who IMO should stay in MT and run for the senate and get an R out of that seat.

2 Likes

Being mean to your staff proves you’re an asshole.

That is all.

The problem isn’t her ability to listen, it’s that staff who are intimidated won’t tell her things she needs to hear. She can’t listen to things that aren’t said.

That said, whatever her management style she has run an effective office which is the bottom line.

I also think this scenario for LooperTrooper …

He should run against Gardner …sure thing —

and now watch me eat salad with my comb

As well as the corollary: “Throwing is not control.”

1 Like

Klobuchar: Just another egomaniac abusing power, the power of office. This one, like all the others, has nothing to learn; rather, she is quite proud of her behavior. No, I wouldn’t want some bully windbag in a critical position, e.g, facing Putin. I’d want someone who was actually confident, not a bully. But so many people are susceptible to this bullying, posturing, bullshit. And that goes a long way toward explaining how the empty bully rises to high office, in corporate America, academia, the government, etc.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available