Discussion: Klobuchar: Being Mean To My Staff Proves I Can Deal With Putin

You should shut the fuck up Senator.

Now I qualify for dealing with Putin too.

5 Likes

In general, this could be a concern, but you don’t hear about male politicians who are difficult to work for. We’ve got a stack of people running. I don’t think this will be the deciding factor.

1 Like

Yeah, done with her now. Don’t need another unrepentant bully in the WH, no matter what party. Next.

5 Likes

I’ve known and worked for a lot of assholes in my life. The younger ones would take offense at being perceived that way, say you were mistaken in your assessment of their personality. The older ones, those that didn’t change as the years went by, finally just surrendered to what they were.

“Yeah, I’m an asshole. What of it?”

Klobuchar is in the “Yeah, what of it?” camp I guess.

8 Likes

I was so hopeful when she announced. Then this stuff came out. I figured it was more, it’s ok for a guy to be mean & demanding, but for woman it means she’s a ##%#$.

However, it appears there is there, there.

Disappointing.

I wish HRC was President right now.

I really do.

2 Likes

Then again, there’s Louis Gohmert, Steve King, Denin Nunes, Mark Meadows, his imbecile sidekick, Jim Jordan and just about the entirety of GOP candidates.

6 Likes

You should care. A President relies on their advisers to advise them.

And a toxic boss whom everyone is scared of doesn’t get fully informed, particularly about possible negative aspects of their decisions as a boss.

And between the more ‘frilly’ stuff like the comb-as-fork episode or the binder throwing were much more serious things, like telling people she didn’t care what they had to say, that they were the dumbest staff ever, etc.

That’s serious, and it makes it more serious that she’s in denial about it, thus either doesn’t recognize, or does recognize but doesn’t care.

And there most surely is a correlation between staff satisfaction and customer satisfaction. If there wasn’t, businesses wouldn’t be so darned interested in that statistic.

19 Likes

“When you’re out there on the world stage and dealing with people like Vladimir Putin, yeah, you want someone who’s tough,” Klobuchar told CNN.

Vlad’s MO isn’t “throwing objects at aides and subjecting them to angry tirades that reduced them to tears”.

It’s murdering them.

16 Likes

Didn’t he make them all sign NDAs?

(/s <- calm down, here it is… )

5 Likes

Sight. That’s exactly how I feel too. The thing is we’ve all had really bad bosses at one time in our lives and we all know how soul crushing it is to have deal with them day in and day out. I had a boss named Kareem and to this day I would throw gasoline on him if he were on fire.

15 Likes

But we don’t need to compare her to Putin or Trump yet. We need to compare her with Warren, Harris, Booker, Beto, etc.

4 Likes

No, I disagree with you for a very specific reason. This kind of management style creates a culture of toxicity and fear. It has the potential to impact the trust between the president and the staff. Aside from being demotivating, it also could impact the quality of council the president receives. The president needs to have effective management skills and needs to be able to empower staff to manage effectively themselves.

15 Likes

Personally, I think it would be pretty cool if Klobuchar made Putin wash a comb she’d just eaten a salad with.

2 Likes

Now she’s channeling Kelly Ann Conway. No way my wife and I are voting for her.

At first there was a whiff of desperation about her campaign, now it’s a full scale mushroom cloud of desperation and grasping for the nearest oxygen mask. But where’s the assertion she can handle Fatso on a debate stage or in her responses to his misogynistic attacks on Twitter? Wouldn’t they come first?

7 Likes

Many effective Presidents and politicians have been assholes. Amy has been a very effective Senator and politician. Clearly, she listens to her staff and to people in general. It’s truly not relevant to the choice for President. Dems who focus on stuff like this make me shake my head because it proves how easy it is to distract Dems/Dem leaning voters about what is important in making voting decisions.

5 Likes

Workplace abuse is abuse.

13 Likes

Klobuchar = Good Senator but not Presidential timber.

4 Likes

This is so true. If a man had “high expectations,” he’d be considered tough, but not a terrible person.

5 Likes

Wanna bet PP’s tirades would reduce her to tears before Vlad’s?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available