Discussion: Kevin McCarthy 'I View Foreign Policy Much Different' Than Obama's SOTU

Discussion for article #244604

"I view foreign policy much different than how he delivered it…

… and that’s why we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee."

5 Likes

If the GOP had their way, or God forbid, Trump was President, he’d be pushing for nuclear war against Iran due to the troops found in Iranian waters. He doesn’t want to even give them a chance to let them go. If the situation is the same in a few days, then President Obama will talk to President Rouhani and warn them that further action will be taken against Iran if our troops are not released. These bozos are always willing to send everyone else’s kids to fight a war for them!

4 Likes

President Obama:

“Priority number one is protecting the American people and going after terrorist networks.”

2 Likes

Nope. Not the number one issue at all. Jobs, affordable health care, education, the environment… Just to name a few.

3 Likes

President Barack Obama:

His Holiness, Pope Francis, told this body from the very spot I stand tonight that “to imitate the hatred and violence of tyrants and murderers is the best way to take their place.” When politicians insult Muslims, when a mosque is vandalized, or a kid bullied, that doesn’t make us safer. That’s not telling it like it is. It’s just wrong. It diminishes us in the eyes of the world. It makes it harder to achieve our goals. And it betrays who we are as a country.

Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Asshole):

“National Security is the number one issue, and I think he is in a different place than the rest of the country,”

…any questions…?

3 Likes

McCarthy argued that America needed to “take a stronger approach” in how it addresses issues related to national security or risk putting the safety of the country in jeopardy.

McCarthy also said that the U.S. has to “have some action back” against Iran after the country took 10 U.S. Navy personnel into custody Tuesday.

http://www.defense.gov/portals/1/features/2014/0814_iraq/Operation_Inherent_Resolve_January10.jpg

check the date please.

2 Likes

Did he really say, “our own navy taken from Iran”? Holy cow! No wonder he isn’t Speaker…he can’t speak!

2 Likes

If an Iranian war ship drifted into our domestic waters, I imagine we too might see it as a provocation. At least now, thanks to Obama and Kerry, there are diplomatic channels opened so the soldiers release will most likely be secured. I am sure they are working on it – and the situation is still sensitive. After all, who knows what our vessel was really doing there… It sure would not help matters to have Obama delivering some bellicose, aggressive statement before the country when our people are being held. All these GOP blowhards – they so clearly do not give a rats ass about the safety of the servicemen.

1 Like

Apparently McCarthy misunderstood Obama’s speech so let me assist him:

Obama clearly stated that the first responsibility of government was to defend us. And then he outlined how and said …more than once that we are the strongest nation in the history of the world. So for McCarthy to miss that is epic.

1 Like

Kevin McCarthy makes better word salad than Sarah Palin, which is what Renee Ellmers found so endearing about him. Kevin McCarthy went to Hungria to learn about foreign policy “much different” than Obama.

About the economy, Kevin McCarthy also said " If you look at every rate where you go through, America is the second highest where they go. If you look at how the jobs are departed, you find that statistically we are too high."

It was really nice not hearing from/about you snce you blew the House Gig.
Why’d ya start up again?

2 Likes

He don’t really need to learn a English but a education or 2 could relieve to him sometime. :unamused:

3 Likes

McCarthy also said that the U.S. has to “have some action back” against Iran after the country took 10 U.S. Navy personnel into custody Tuesday.

I just walked in to work past the TV screen with CNN on it. the crawl said that the sailors have been released by iran. how on earth did that happen without bombing the shit out of iran? #thanksobama

2 Likes

BRAVO!! And BTW, This is a funny quote: “I view foreign policy much different than how he delivered it, and I think the American people do as well,” McCarthy said.

McCarthy is an idiot for all seasons; the marketing major knows nothing at all and he seems proud enough of it. He doesn’t know for example that popular whim to take revenge is not the most reliable basis to structure foreign policy. His comment presupposes that one must avoid consultation with “elites,” but make changes always based on scratching the latest popular itch, consequences be damned.

1 Like

“National Security is the number one issue, and I think he is in a different place than the rest of the country,” McCarthy told reporters after the President’s address.

Gallup poll last month says the economy is still the most important issue the country faces, according to, you know, the rest of the country, Rep. McCarthy.

I would say, it’s as important an issue as those you listed. It’s just – and in a way McCarthy is right – we Democrats view foreign policy and national security much, much different than how those idiots do. We don’t believe the sword is single-handedly any mightier than the brain. We don’t believe neither bomb-bomb-bombing whatever “others” nor screaming against refugees from Syria is a real foreign policy. We believe the power of our nation is multifaceted, and those issues in your list actually are important components of national security.

No, I think the President pretty much nailed how the American people view foreign policy. Which is why he was elected twice, and you are reduced to taking potshots from the peanut gallery.

1 Like