Discussion: Kentucky Secretary Of State Rejects 'Election Integrity' Commission Request

1 Like

Awwwwww… No one likes you and your little friend Kobach.

13 Likes

Yay for VA! Terry set the tone. But Kentucky is very red and this is going to make Mr. Twitterstorm very angry. Maybe he can talk about the Kentucky SOS bleeding from somewhere?

8 Likes

I’m sure Bevin is already conferring with his advisors on how to force compliance, or do an end-run around Grimes.

4 Likes

Kobach and Trump-two rotten peas in a pod.

4 Likes

Now this is something. Hip hip hooray!

Oh and yay for MacAuliffe too. But that was kind of predictable (even though his incisiveness far exceeded expectations and good on him for it). But this is a most pleasant surprise.

3 Likes

@rkg3tugg
Troll alert!

ETA:

rkg3tugg

 This user is suspended until November 15, 2044 6:53am.
Reason: Tiny brain squished again.

10 Likes

This goes to show how important local elections are.

1 Like

Way to go! Rub their noses in it!

2 Likes

Do need to check in with her on scanners going down that day.

2 Likes

Always nice to see a RWNJ slapped in the face with federalism.

2 Likes

It’s not only voter suppression we need to worry about.

With this info, the GOP is well on its way to being able to gerrymander using the same strategy that was used in WI after the 2010 census–pack Ds into some districts and disperse them in others so as to maximize the impact of each GOP vote. This could impact about three dozen states after the 2020 census.

5 Likes

Resist! Make them fight for every inch of their authoritarian agenda.

7 Likes

I guess the tin foil hat conserva-krazy, gun stroking, “black gubbiment choppers is a comin fer us” crowd is a ok with Kobach’s alt-reich approach as long as it pisses off “librils, blacks and browns…” It so hard these days to know what federal government overreach is…Freeeeeedummmmmmm!

6 Likes

I read very little of my suspected use of this data request. The list of identifying info Kobach requested would go a long way towards compiling a voter data base for use by the RNC in future elections.

http://media.kansascity.com/livegraphics/2017/pdf/PEICletter.pdf

***"Oh my, our election integrity data bases have been hacked!! Why would anyone do that??!!! Someone needs to get to the bottom of this!! December of 2018 would be a good time to investigate!"***
5 Likes

Kentucky will not aid a commotion that is at best a waste of taxpayer money…

A typo, but I like it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just by the way, note that information regarding felony convictions is irrelevant in states that do not disenfranchise felons, or that restore voting rights. But is sure would make a good right-wing headline.

5 Likes

It’s heartwarming to see Kobach getting all the respect and cooperation he deserves.

14 Likes

That’s what he calls it now? Okaaaaay…

5 Likes

And the headline will be: Kentucky Politicians Conspire to Send Citizens Personal Data to Feds. Bring it.

3 Likes