Discussion: Kelly 'Stunned' That Dem Rep. Criticized Trump's Call To Soldier's Widow

Gold star families, I think that left in the convention over the summer

previously

2 Likes

You’d think the two them of could - I don’t know, meet - and decide on a story and stick to it.

2 Likes

Have some respect, Ralph. That dildo is now president.

2 Likes

DACA kids facing deportation are Trump’s victims. Puerto Ricans trying to survive without food, water or power are Trump’s victims. People who lose health insurance because of the subsidies being dropped are Trump’s victims. People like Kelly who voluntarily apologize and provide cover for Trump aren’t fucking victims. They are enablers who facilitate his victimization of all those actually suffering at Trump’s tiny inadequate hands.

6 Likes

How they want it to be seen: you can’t criticize Trump, because if you’re criticizing the Commander in Chief, you’re criticizing the entire military.

4 Likes

@tena

Just realized that Kelly inadvertently brought up the Muslim ban

Im sorry, but im lmao now…haha

Would agree. I understand that Kelly is career military, a Gold Star father, and it is his job to try and salvage Trump’s inability to present himself as a thinking decent human. That said, Kelly is way off. The Congresswoman is a close family friend and was invited into the call. She, the mother of the widow and the widow all heard Trumps tactless and hurtful remarks. He would have been better off to leave it alone. Now, he and Trump both appear deeply insensitive and shallow.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but if this was a white congresswoman and a white Gold Star family suffering the all-consuming grief and terror…yes, terror…of facing a life without their soldier-son, none of this would be happening. Had a white congresswoman come out and said what Wilson said, followed by a white mother and widow backing her up, corroborating her story, THERE. WOULD. HAVE. BEEN. FUCKING. HELL. TO. PAY.

Many people are going to instinctively want to separate this from “the race issue.” YOU CANNOT.

It is as indelibly stained on this entire mess as that widow’s tears on the flag that draped her husband’s casket.

9 Likes

Or whenever they’ve been defiled.

And what did the Gold Star Dad do to Moronic Donnie Two Scoops that was so awful? He asked him if he had ever read the Constitution and offered him his own copy of it for him to read.

5 Likes

Now, he and Trump both appear deeply insensitive and shallow.

bullies…they are insensitive, shallow bullies.

4 Likes

Makes me wonder what Trump has on Kelly. I have empathy for the man. He lost his son. But that’s as far as I will go. He’s served the country, but does that mean he has a good heart? Not if you can do the dirty work of this scum president. Sorry, General Kelly, you are no better that racist, misogynist, narcissistic pos, Donald Trump. History will look kindly on neither of you.

1 Like

The loss of his son and the loss of others who were under his command clearly weighs on Kelly, who seems to be a decent man. I wonder why he thinks it is worth exposing his pain to support the walking-talking pile of excrement that is trump. There is much to take issue with in Kelly’s statements, but for me, the takeaway was, he told trump not to call, and trump called anyway. Why? Obviously it was not to console a grieving family - Kelly, a general and a gold star dad had already advised him a call would not have that effect. Rather, trump did it like he does everything else - to try to accumulate points for himself in his own sick mind. Had we not heard about the disgraceful remarks he offered to Mrs. Johnson, a young, pregnant widow, trump would be out extolling his own miserable self as the “compassionate president who calls,” in contrast to all the presidents before him who didn’t care as bigly as he cares.

2 Likes

Or what if it had been John McCain in that car?

4 Likes

Bingo

Btw by somewhat mentioning the Khans, Kelly just brought back the reason for why the parents were there, to protest Trump’s call for a Muslim ban.

5 Likes

The nation is stunned that Trump is such a hack, delivery of news to a grieving gold star widow included.

2 Likes

They appear that way in the same manner that a Stop sign appears to be red.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that Kelly did not even provide Trump with the name of the soldier who died. That is his job! He asked Trump to call the dead soldier “your guy”. There was plenty of time to prepare for these important calls.

3 Likes

He (n the other praetors) are under the impression that they can make Trump a success.

Same as Pence

1 Like

People act like this clown is some sort of hero. No, he said nothing, did nothing, except help, when immigrants who had served and wanted citizenship, when they were PROMISED citizenship, this slob helped deport them. Not bad hombres, hombres who had served. He is just as big a bigot and fraud as the pig he works for.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available