Discussion: Keillor: Minnesota Public Radio Did Not Fully Investigate Allegations

RoY moOre waSnt givEn fuLL and Fair investigTION. Trump wasn’t. farenthold wAsnt. Frankenstein diD tho!

3 Likes

Without a host of "1"s and "!"s I find your comment highly suspect. Has your account been hacked?

7 Likes

I hope he sues them for a very large sum and gets at least a few people at the top fired. This harassment hysteria must stop. We’ve created a standard where anyone who’s accused of touching a female anywhere on her body without asking at any time in the last 30 years is suddenly a sexual predator who must be fired immediately.

How long before tapping a woman on her shoulder to get her attention is considered groping?

4 Likes

Comrade, in the United States, we only capitalize the first letter of a sentence. The only exception to that are names of places and people.

Man, you must not have been here too long!
Have at it, Eustace. But show a tad bit of mercy.

10 Likes

Sexual harassment, as a means of displaying power, goes hand-in-glove with egoism. We should expect at least a few of these men to demand full custody of their children in any divorce settlement–it’s my conviction that’s what made Matt Lauer’s wife drop her previous attempt at separation years ago.

1 Like

Is MPR claiming that it conducted an investigation without informing Keillor of the allegations against him in full, and giving him a chance to respond? If it did, that’s not investigation worthy of the name.

On the other hand, if Keillor is not telling the truth, MPR should call him out on that.

2 Likes

And that has what to do with this story?

1 Like

Your second suggestion: that Keillor might be uttering a bald-faced, easily disproven lie. We shall soon see.

1 Like

The attorney for the former host of largely popular
radio show, “A Prairie Home Companion,” said he and Keillor were only
aware of one allegation against him and said Keillor expects a “full
restoration” of his reputation.
…
Guilty or not guilty Keillor’s reputation is ruined.

Yeah, it appears Eustace landed one right out of the gate this morning.

He’s quite the fisherman.

6 Likes

not with me. not yet.

2 Likes

Your devotion to Keillor is above average.

2 Likes

Not really I have my reservations about several others who’ve been accused and summarily terminated. And I’m a life long feminist. We’ll see.

3 Likes

If the second suggestion turns out to be true then he’s a bigger fool than one could imagine.

This is not a popular opinion but the first thing I asked myself was if any entity in the public radio world would fire Garrison Keillor if it didn’t feel it had to. PBS would just as happily fire Mister Rogers. Second thing is that the man and the persona are two very different things. One is folksy and charming, and a liberal lion. The other is not necessarily perfect or even very nice, and not universally popular among people who actually know him. Third thing is you don’t have to have an outstanding character to be an outstanding writer. If Keillor was treated unfairly by all means let him defend himself. But I don’t assume he was simply because he’s had a brilliant career as a writer and entertainer.

6 Likes

Prepare to be haunted!

(In a good way.)

7 Likes

I think he is getting ready to file a lawsuit. He is making noises like he feels aggrieved.

1 Like

How long before tapping a woman on her shoulder to get her attention is considered groping?

Respect is the crux. A touch of any sort that does not consider the other person’s space does not have to be of a sexually harassing nature to be disrespectful. Folks have names for a reason. Here, let me spell it out for you.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available