Discussion: Kasich Walks Back Idea To Create Agency To Spread Judeo-Christian Values

Discussion for article #243034

Gov. Kasich:

What part of "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, . . ." do you not understand? I think the First Amendment trumps your idea.

9 Likes

“I think it’s entirely reasonable for us to begin to tell the world who we are, what we believe, because it’s really all about hope, science, education, progress and the future,” he said at the university, according to the Dispatch.

In reply, the other Republican candidates said “What does hope, science, education, progress and the future have to do with us?”

2 Likes

That “Christian” part better only be Roman Catholicism, and deal-breaker if you’re including Reform Jews in the latter!

1 Like

Pathetic little Panderbear.

8 Likes

If the world knew who we really are they would hate us more.

4 Likes

He is an embarrassment to Ohio and to the city we both live in. Good luck influencing anyone in Asia with this “Christian stuff”. Reserve a seat for him in the pre-show of the next debate.

1 Like

Maybe you could just get the 700 Club on. Why deprive the world of our Batshit Craziness?

2 Likes

This guy is going to be on the cover of the next issue of “Jihad Monthly.”

4 Likes

“Kasich Wants to Expand Voice of America to Promote Judeo-Christian Values.”

[Warning: Personal Rant Begins]

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but to me, personally, the term “Judeo-Christian” is an oxymoron.

There are profound differences between Judaism and Christianity:

• No heaven or hell.
  • No original sin.
  • Scrupulously anonymous charity.
  • Deeds trumping piety.
  • No need to convert unbelievers.

These are my own personal experience of Judaism, and do not align with my (admittedly naive) understanding of Christianity.

And, of course, there’s that whole “Jesus was G-d” meme…

[Sorry. Personal Rant Ends. Carry On]

10 Likes

Secular values trump Judeo-Christian values EVERY time, John.

2 Likes

Pandering. Pure, unadulterated PANDERING to try to pick up the Jindal voters and shave off some of the Cruz/Huckabee lunatics.

3 Likes

“Kasich Wants To Expand Voice Of America To Promote Judeo-Christian Values”

Like a flipped script “Tokyo Rose” ?

1 Like

‘panderbear’, brilliant, and I am stealing that.

1 Like

Let me just say as an atheist, you’re gonna burn in hell for that comment.

Drinks are on me.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if I can get Voice of America on Spotify?

1 Like

Since I was ranting on another thread about principle, I should (reluctantly) mention that I stole it too. But thanks.

2 Likes

Is Kasich promoting the Christian values where we welcome refugees, or is he promoting the “Christian” values where we tell them to f*ck off?

6 Likes

I think the world is capable of reading comments at FoxNews and World Net Daily. They know.

Let me also say as an atheist, that if I read his bullet points correctly, he won’t have to attend the burning.

3 Likes