Discussion: Kasich Says Bush Campaign 'Ought To Get This Thing Figured Out'

Discussion for article #245825

Oh Johnny, he has known you for decades. He knows if he keeps it up you will explode in a rant all over a room full of voters.

2 Likes

And that, as they say, is the unvarnished truth. Kasich is a grouchy jerk with a minimally controlled temper.

He’s as temperamentally unqualified to be President as the Marcobot.

4 Likes

Nothing new to see here, just a couple of right wing extremist exchanging hugs.

1 Like

This is the moderate Republican with crossover appeal.

1 Like

Kasich: “Well…He’s another one.”

Jebby: “He said whuuuuuut?”

2 Likes

Realize Kasich is the one republican we democrats would lose to – so we have to count on the GOP base remaining irrational. However, if we meet Trump with our own form of irrational, we stand a very good chance of losing anyway. If I stop thinking as a rigid partisan, I’d honestly feel much safer with someone more reasonable running on the other side.

3 Likes

Kasich isn’t going to be the nominee. He literally spent all of this resources to win 2nd place in NH, His ground game beyond that is non-existent, where as Cruz has a strong organization everywhere, Rubio is heavily invested in states at least through Florida and JEB has built up a substantial organization in SC. And Trump is in the lead everywhere.

3 Likes

“I think that’s kind of silly that I’m weakening the military. I don’t even understand what you’re talking about,” he responded.

That actually is a great response.

And of course Trump’s whole shtick about our military being ‘the worst’ or whatever he says is just complete absolute nonsense.

For example:

How many aircraft carrier task forces does the United States have? It’s 10 or 11.

How many do all other countries combined have? Zero.

The ability of the US to project global military power is unprecedented in the history of civilization. It is so incredibly over the top it borders on the ridiculous.

Oh, and, What do I mean ‘borders on’? It is completely absurd.

2 Likes

could lose to, but I don’t think we would lose to Kasich. Kasich has a real problem controlling his temper. I am certain that HRC would eat him alive in a debate and pretty sure that Bernie would too.

It’s a matter of needling him and eventually he loses his temper and shows what he really thinks rather than the face he wants to present. He refused to debate FitzGerald in the 2014 election here in Ohio. It was a good decision by his campaign committee: he had nothing to gain in debate and a lot to lose when he lost his temper. Skipping debates isn’t an option in a Presidential election.

2 Likes

If Kasich would substantially weaken the military and keep laughing at the Bush clan, I might not puke if he was the nominee.

I think every candidate should run on at least reducing the military. Running leaner and meaner would be an improvement over bloated and cumbersome.

America’s military presence and ultimate strength is also her weakness because it makes the pests of the world attack us because we are in their face. Afghanistan has beaten back every invader, they don’t single out America and the desert in general is where mighty militaries go to die.
Financing giant military occupations and presence around the world is just wasteful, misuse of otherwise designated funds.

We should be doing technology like the Japanese did. Wouldn’t everyone rather have a cooler car, stereo, TV or gadget than a new war?

2 Likes

Shorter Kasich: “What the hell is wrong with this guy if I can beat him?”

4 Likes

“I think that’s kind of silly that I’m weakening the military. I don’t even understand what you’re talking about,” he responded.

I’m no Kasich fan, but I’ve got to agree with him here. Attacking the sitting governor of Ohio on the issue of military strength doesn’t really strike me as a brilliant tactical move. It’s more an act of desperation.

This is turning into one of those zombie invasion films where Bush is out of ammo and trapped in the kitchen and he’s just going through the drawers like a madman, throwing the turkey baster and the egg timer and god-knows-what-else.
(Hint: Find the carving knife or you’re toast.)

2 Likes

The whole point is to get the phrase “weaken the military” into the news with Kasich’s name. Voters don’t really know him right now, so classic campaign strategy is for opponents to try to define him first. He likely has a huge money disadvantage, unless the billionaires have decided to make him their new toy, so Bush and others have a good opportunity.

Also, since he is presenting himself as the measured and civil candidate, he faces a dilemma when responding to attacks. Too mild, and the hot-blooded base might reject him as weak. Too strong, and he loses the “civil” label.

2 Likes

Spanky mcFarland ended up in Tulsa OK with a kid show…in the late 60’s…

Now your education is rounder than it was… Your welcome… lol

1 Like

When Kasich is the “sane” candidate in the field you know the Overton Window is in a whole different building.

2 Likes

I think that’s kind of silly that I’m weakening the military. I don’t even understand what you’re talking about.

Hint: This is no different from the lies that every national Republican – including you – have told about Bill Clinton, Barrack Obama and every other Democrat for decades.

1 Like

You should puke at the idea of a Kasich presidency. With Kasich residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave we will see:

• A national right-to-work law.
  • No change in the Federal minimum wage and possibly its elimination if a GOP-led Congress decided to repeal it.
  • Repeal of some aspects of Taft-Hartley (removing jurisdiction of CBAs from Federal Courts) and strengthening others (prohibitions on union organizing).
  • Tax cuts favoring the wealthiest among us.
  • Elimination of estate taxes.

And undoubtedly other bad stuff I can’t think of right now. You have no idea how much Kasich hates unions and loves what he thinks of as “job creators” – massive amounts of inheritable wealth.

According to The Onion, Jeb has succumbed to the opioid epidemic in New Hampshire.

1 Like

You know, in spite of the political climate, the one thing I have gotten very used to is having a president that I did not have to constantly worry about or be afraid of – the very first in my long lifetime. It is going to be very difficult not having that. I’d be more comfortable electing Nixon than any of the republikant freaks.

1 Like