Discussion: Jury In Manafort Trial Will Wrap Up For The Day At 5PM ET

Don’t even joke like that! :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah, what you’re not seeing is evidence of conflict in the jury room. That is a good sign.

15 Likes

I find it astonishing that this jury is not sequestered for a trial such as this.

12 Likes

I’m not a big fan of jury sequestration. I don’t even think the OJ jury should’ve been sequestered.

That said, what you have here is a POTUS who is clearly trying to influence the jury to look for a MAGA juror. The prosecution’s case has nothing to do with #trumprussia. But if Trump wants to inject himself in, then I think it would be fair for the Judge to let the jury know that the guy Manafort was working for has been hiding out in Russia, is a Putin puppet and has been indicted for treason in Ukraine. In other words, some corrective instruction may be needed here to deal with Trump.

14 Likes

One of the MSNBC reporters at the courthouse was saying that there are thousands of pages of documents that the jury is just now getting to view. They requested a move to a bigger room to do deliberations so that they could spread out all the documents. The more I understand about this case the more I think I was naive to think the verdict would be quick. A jury taking their responsibilities seriously would need a lot more time than that to examine all the evidence and come to a just verdict. We’ve just gotta be patient.

35 Likes

I agree. During his closing argument, the prosecutor asked the jurors to look at particular exhibits when they went into the jury room. I figured that they had not been allowed to read the exhibits in real time. There are over 300 exhibits; I don’t know how many pages in total, but the jurors probably had more than a days’ worth of reading to do once they entered the jury room. I think it is encouraging that they are not rushing to a verdict. (I’m remembering how quickly the OJ jury came back after a months-long trial …)

13 Likes

What’s with the weird green-ish cast to the header image?

1 Like

With Twitler and the propagandists at Fox blaring constantly, it’s hard to imagine that nothing will spill into their lives over the weekend. Certainly, the Moscovian Candidate is hopeful that his omnipresence will put a finger on the scales.

8 Likes

Yeah, and this isn’t like a murder case with a bunch of additional charges attached. If you find the defendant is guilty of murder then it goes without saying that he hid the body, destroyed evidence, obstructed justice by getting rid of the murder weapon…

5 Likes

Juries hate to be sequestered and it’s a lot of trouble. I agree.

7 Likes

Soros hands out the checks on Friday evenings.
/infowars

9 Likes
14 Likes

Or if they rat themselves out by talking about the case on social media and getting caught by one of the attorney teams. I sure as hell would be monitoring jurors that I was worried about.

7 Likes

If I were a juror, that would really piss me off and make me more inclined to eschew any “feelings” on the matter and instead, happily review the damning evidence.

5 Likes

Long-term effects of exposure to polonium.

22 Likes

And what worries me is that roughly four of ten folks you meet on the street support the presidnyet, so MAGA types are not hard to find. I’m not sure how this jury was winnowed down, other than it was done rather quickly. I would guess that there are folks on the jury who might feel that poor ol’ Paulie’s the victim of some jack-booted thuggery here.

On the other hand, it is also very likely that the majority of jurors will be convinced by the government’s case, and will manage to convince the others that a conviction is warranted on most of the charges. That is what I expect to see (next week.)

10 Likes

The court clerk must put together all the exhibits, make sure they are correct, go over lists of them before the jury gets them. It can be quite time consuming, double checking everything. That created stress when I was doing that years ago. I definitely did not want to hear my name on the radio or see it in the newspaper.

10 Likes

For those worried about this trial.

15 Likes

I’m with you, Manafort walks on a hung jury. Hard to convict when the president is actively against. There are more Cypriot accounts to be had.

That would.be 4 in 10 registeted voters.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available