Discussion: Judiciary Dem: Mueller Will Testify On 'Tentative' Date Of May 15

1 Like

I want Nadler to confirm this. I got very excited at the prospect of Mueller testifying on May 15 and it seems nothing is firm.

13 Likes

Is it possible that Senate will have him testify earlier?

2 Likes

It’s enough to scare the bejeezus out of Trump

15 Likes

He shoulda kept his trap shut. He doesn’t know one way or the other.

21 Likes

Trump is probably madly screaming for AG Barr to intervene.

12 Likes

Hmm. Low-level Dem goes on Fox with tentative Mueller date.
Sounds legit.

OT- was trying to find yet another promised “infrastructure week” tweet from Trump after the Pelosi/Schumer/Trump summit and $2T unpaid announcement, but Despot Don was only concerned with bashing firefighters, and did not mention it. Instead found this gem:

Turns out, the Truman decommission order came from the WH for “cost savings”. After Congress yelled and screamed about decommissioning a ship at half its projected life, …

“I think they looked at the reaction that they got and how stupid it was" - J Inhofe (R-OK)

… Trump claims credit for not decommissioning a ship for “cost savings”. Pence announced the flip on the Truman, where sailors were told to “clap like we’re at a strip club” for Pence.

11 Likes

“OK, OK, I’m shuttin’ up. Why should I continue to keep yappin’ when I should just shut up? I’m not the kind that don’t know when to stop their yammerin’. So I’m shuttin’ up. See? I’m shuttin’ up now. Not gonna say nuttin’ more. Just shuttin’ up…”

15 Likes

Let it dangle out there, pushing Trumps blood pressure ever higher. This is going to happen and be must see TV. All he did by fighting it is give it more publicity and show how scared he is. Stupid, stupid man.

14 Likes

From PoliticusUSA:

Robert Mueller Has Agreed To Testify Before The House Judiciary Committee

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/05/05/mueller-testiffy-may-15.html

It feels like Xmas comes in May, but I wonder whether I’ll get candy or more fucking coal.

13 Likes

My guess is that Nadler planned on making a big announcement and getting lots of coverage for himself… and that Cicillini is now in the doghouse for not merely letting the cat out of the bag prematurely, but doing it, of all places, on FoxNews!

6 Likes

This should be fun. I’m sure that, even after all that’s been said about him, he’ll be very reserved in his accusations when speaking publicly. Still, if the Democrats can avoid pissing him off with their questions, his testimony might do a lot of damage to both Trump and Barr. We can only hope.

10 Likes

Dagnabit! That is a travel day for me. Can he schedule for Thursday? I will pencil it and his people can get with my people.

10 Likes

Part of it is Roy Cohn… Part of it is battle fatigue. Part of it is cheating

Roy Cohn…the Trump machine will always ignore bad news publicly, making Dem handwringing a
hobby.

Battle Fatigue…being destroyed as a country tends to make people pessimistic

Cheating…if the GOP did not cheat, we would have had Trump’s tax returns and McGahn’s
promised testimony

Because of these things, it’s easy to ignore that this time last week, none of us would have imagined Mueller writing letters against Barr and talking with Nadler.

Mueller will talk. And Trump will not like it.

22 Likes

its theoretically possible, but highly unlikely given that the GOP has the knives out for Mueller, and the House will be friendlier turf…

…especially if Nadler has the sense to let ONE committee lawyer do an hour’s worth (or two) of questioning, and only after that do the congresscritters get their 5 minutes each.

5 Likes

naw…he knows. He just wasn’t supposed to tell, so he had to walk it back.

3 Likes

The political equivalent of a napalm enema?

19 Likes

I suspect that GOPers want to get Mueller to testify before the Senate earlier than the House in order to impair the effect of the House hearing.

5 Likes

Hope he has a security contingent

4 Likes

If Mueller leaves DoJ by then, there’s nothing Trump can do about it. Of course, Mueller won’t be able to discuss Grand Jury testimony or ongoing investigations.

2 Likes