Discussion: Judges Bat Down Dem Lawsuits Against Trump Camp And State GOP In PA, NC

This might be a good week to invest in Kevlar.

2 Likes

I will be so relieved in a few months, when Clinton and a Democratic Senate can finally fill the courts with progressive judges.

2 Likes

Its like the battle of the judges at this point.

2 Likes

And it has come to this. Our elections have become a fight over the right to vote without voter suppression or intimidation, rather than a heated discussion over differences in policies and programs.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean. Maybe you could spell it out.

Should I be reporting you to the Secret Service?

“On Election Day, if it becomes apparent that agents of any defendant or supporters encouraged by any defendant are making an effort to intimidate minority voters or to further incite intimidation of voters, the plaintiff may
renew the motion,” Eagles wrote in her decision.

Just so its clear

2 Likes

Judges don’t like to interfere in elections this close to voting. And, at the moment, we have Trump saying “go interfere” without a lot of actual interference (yet, I expect a lot tomorrow). It’s hard for the judges to do anything with the evidence in front of them now, but there will be plenty of time after the election to bring more concrete examples and strong lawsuits to bear.

2 Likes

So…they’ll just use the NFL rule. Wait until it happens and then issue a ‘SORRY’ letter. Nothing will change but BY GOD, they’ll be sorry.

I’ll be working outside a poll for most of the day. This voting precinct serves a middle to upper-middle class area. Interestingly enough, Republicans like to send 8-10 workers to this poll, to stand outside and greet the voters. It is an intimidation tactic, because Republicans expect it; Democrats, workers and voters, don’t. I can’t wait to see how many they’ll bring tomorrow. Not.

1 Like

Please let us know what you see…

Judge Eagles is an Obama appointee and a damn good judge. Her having left the door open to emergency motions today is very like her.

Having read the complaints, they spent an awful lot of time talking about stuff that happened in other states and a lot of time talking about things that sound more like separate acts of nuttiness than parts of a grand conspiracy. That’s not going to get it done.

Wonder how thick the envelopes were ?

Happy to clarify; I’ll rephrase - This might be a good week to stay off the streets and avoid heavily armed Republican lunatics, who are likely to shoot you dead if Donald Trump isn’t elected, unless, of course, you are wearing Kevlar body armor, which, this week, might constitute a savvy investment.

1 Like