Discussion: Judge: Trump Admin Didn't Offer 'Legally Adequate Reasons' For Ending DACA

1 Like

The lawless Cockholster Clan has the worst luck with courts. As Martha Stewart would say, “It’s a good thing.”

13 Likes

How long before an E.O. is reissued with the legally adequate reasons to rescind DACA protections? The prospect of deportation looms large. Mitch is not helping. Most Americans support DACA, do not want the wall, but do want border security. Many of us are here due to family reunification aka chain migration. Trump will never do the right thing -restore DACA protections or abandon his demands for regressive immigration reform. Will the Senate and House do the right thing? I don’t know but this makes me sick.

18 Likes

So.Much.Assholery.

4 Likes

Hopefully, that trend continues when Mueller-palooza FINALLY gets underway…

11 Likes

I keep hoping. Rick Gates is the next up as a cooperating witness. Maybe before the end of the week?

6 Likes

I don’t think they will, it’s too much work and they are too stupid. So long as a judge does not extend the program for new applicants the WH got what they wanted.

The judge ordered Trump’s administration to allow people already in the DACA program to continue enjoying protections. He declined to extend the program for new applicants.

So since Congress is unable to get anything done and WH refuses to give any leadership what so ever on the issue, how can we save these people from bureaucratic limbo and unjustified tyrrany from ICE agents?

5 Likes

Trump can’t help outing himself regarding his white-hot hatred of immigrants. It’s the only ledge left for Dreamers to hold on to, and remarkably, it’s all Trump’s doing. Imagine if he was more polished in his racism like Kelly.

3 Likes

A Mueller-palooza would be a lovely way to celebrate Presidents Day.

7 Likes

Mueller’s been awfully quite lately while lies and innuendos swirl all around him. Feels like we’re about due for some jaw dropping news from him.

6 Likes

Where in the world is @antisachetdethe?

4 Likes

Trump is nostalgic for the days when racism was in and of itself a “legally adequate reason” for policy.

2 Likes

This! This is why I love it here…:heart_eyes:

I might just start a thread to collect all of your wonderful shade :smirk:

4 Likes

Kidnapped by @uggswell_p_gravel?

6 Likes

Somebody with more legal backing help me out here. This seems like, in Uncle Joe’s language, a big fucking deal. Is this a big fucking deal?

Seems like rather than 800,000 or so folks in newly legally spooky status, we will now have more like 100k or less?

Hey, Judge. You’re supposed to figger dis stuff out. You’re here to help me. So defend me. #DoYourJob

3 Likes

A federal judge in New York has ruled President Donald Trump’s administration didn’t offer “legally adequate reasons”

Trump: I did. I am The King of The World.

2 Likes

Judge Garaufis is a good human being and a courageous judge.

If the Trump Administration had any heart, it would take this opportunity to stay the termination of DACA and let the bipartisan group of Senators who thought they had a deal work that deal out.

Sadly, Trump and Kelly have allowed themselves to be turned by the Cotton-McCarthy Asshole Contingent. And as usual, while taking a hard line on DACA legislation Trump has obviously applied the most liberal standards to the immigration of Trump’s own in laws. The Administration refuses to disclose how, legally speaking, Mr. and Mrs. Knavs came to this country or have been allowed to remain here. Transparency for you.

5 Likes

Not as big as one might like, but it’s quite nice.

The judge told Trump that, yes, he had the authority to rescind the DACA program in spite of the (and I quote) “staggering personal, social, and economic costs” — except that the arguments Trump gave for ending the program were ignorant and self-contradictory and “novel,” thus leading to the conclusion that his decision was “patently arbitrary and capricious,” which is a definite no-no.

The judge also said that DHS has been using “dilatory tactics” in seeking to run out the DACA clock; and, most amusing to me, he quoted a Trump tweet to show that Trump himself doesn’t really want to throw out the Dreamers, so why should the court not grant the requested injunction?

So: the nation-wide injunction is granted, the DACA program reverts to status quo ante (September 2017), there is no mass rescission, no new DACA applications need be considered, and DHS can still throw Dreamers out on a case-by-case basis if they can make the argument to do so in each case.

Until the next adjudication.

4 Likes

Yes, he is.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available