Discussion: Judge Rules Trump Labor Secretary Broke Law With 2008 Epstein Plea Deal

2 Likes

I’m feeling swamped today with the multiple expositions of the lying, cheating, threats, and favors.
Wow, can we bring at least one of these MF’s to some kind of justice?
Just one, for Dog’s sake ???

50 Likes

Cue Donnie saying Acosta is a fine person who has done a great job and is just a victim of another anti-Trump witch-hunt. Oh, and that Epstein was a friend of a Bill Clinton.

20 Likes

Remind me again, how the hell Republicans got to be known as the law and order party ?!?!?!?!? :flushed::thinking:

34 Likes

I realize this is an AP story, but the “13 months in jail” should be in quotation marks. It wasn’t really “jail.”

16 Likes

I’m sure Alan Dershowitz will be telling us all shortly what a travesty of justice this is. Try him on sex trafficking charges and whatever else they can and no plea deals. We want discovery and evidence on the record.

17 Likes

My understanding is he procured girls for others that remain unidentified. Why can’t they force him to give up the names?

16 Likes

I am 110% certain that Acosta’s Trump kissing ass will have a date really soon with the House Labor committee or House Judiciary, or both…

Time to take the boxing gloves off and put on the brass knuckles, Acosta’s job security needs to end really fast… This is what oversight is all about…

22 Likes

Another swamp critter snared by the law. This one is really slimy.

13 Likes

"Only the little people _____________ "
(pay taxes, pay for crimes, pay their employees a livable wage)

10 Likes

Yep. More accurately, 13 months of spending nights in the local jail, since he could go to his office every day an run his business and do whatever else he wanted while there.

13 Likes

[quote=“decay500, post:2, topic:84694”]
Wow, can we bring at least one of these MF’s to some kind of justice?
Just one, for Dog’s sake ???
[/quote]I agree, it’s super frustrating that Paul Manafort skated on all charges and walks the earth a free man.

Oh wait, he’s going to die in prison.

16 Likes

It’s all right if you’re all white. (It also helps if you’re rich and Republican.)

7 Likes

The only person with more sleaze on him than Epstein, is the bloated A-hole sitting in the Oval Office. Let’s end special treatment for moneyed crooks and their enablers NOW.

15 Likes

“Only the best people.”

Lock up this “best person.”

6 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. infuriating…

8 Likes

And family values, don’t forget family values. All those little girls were some mommy’s daughters.

19 Likes

The plea was in 2008, and the crimes took place before that. So there may be statute of limitations issues, evidence may be lost, witnesses may be hard to locate and unwilling to testify, and the plea may still present a double jeopardy bar to a criminal trial or additional charges. But maybe at least Epstein can be resentenced, and the victims can testify at the resentencing.

Acosta now faces some accountability, maybe disciplinary action from the Florida bar, if not criminal and civil liability.

And putting the spotlight on Epstein may reveal more crimes - I doubt that he truly reformed his behavior after receiving a slap on the wrist.

13 Likes

INCREDIBLE. But yet his Minions still stick by the President of The United States of America.

6 Likes

The 2018 blue wave is just beginning to take effect.

The snake of justice is swallowing the basketball of Republican depravity. Expect it to get worse for a while before it gets better. Just remember that if we hadn’t done our civic duty last November, none of this would be coming to light at all.

Hang in there. It’ll be worth it.

25 Likes