Discussion: Judge Refuses To Toss Congressional Dems' Emoluments Suit Against Trump

2 Likes

Someone bring more toilet paper, Hair Furor is going to be on the throne madly tweet-storming during executive time (again).

36 Likes

Popcorn, get your freshly popped popcorn right here, folks.

26 Likes

Oh boy, the fun starts.

18 Likes

The President’s definition, however, disregards the ordinary meaning of the term as set forth in the vast majority of Founding-era dictionaries; is inconsistent with the text, structure, historical interpretation, adoption, and purpose of the Clause; and is contrary to Executive Branch practice over the course of many years.

That’s awesome. In other words, “get fucked”.

49 Likes

So unfair!!

6 Likes

So much for the Federalist on the SCOTUS too.

11 Likes

Documents and depositions coming --this will be fun.

ETA

39 Likes

What is the “remedy” being sought here? Forfeiture of said profits?

Just wondering as it doesn’t seem to be a “crime” nor an impeachable offense. I guess the monies would go to the US Treasury?

(Hey, there’s some of Trump’s “wall money”–and if any governmental employees or lobbyists from Mexico stayed in Trump’s hotel(s) Mexico really WOULD be paying for the wall!!! SEE! Trump didn’t lie (about that) after all!!! /snark)

8 Likes

Oh, hell, YES!! :laughing:

14 Likes

“I’ll take it to the Supreme Court. I am absolutely great. Thank you president T. It was a record crowd, you know. I was Man of the Year in Michigan. It’s a witch hunt. An unsuccessful coup. You know, a lot of times, if you’re not going to brag about it, nobody else is, you might as well do it. True.”

Sorry. Couldn’t resist some written sound bites.

13 Likes

5 Likes

The remedy would be what the Ethics Office suggested (prior to being canned and replaced with someone less bound by actual ethics) -

Trump would have to sell his stake in the hotel business or place all his assets in a truly blind trust.

32 Likes

Who had the job of explaining to him what all those big words meant?

27 Likes

“The President’s definition, however, disregards the ordinary meaning of the term as set forth in the vast majority of Founding-era dictionaries; is inconsistent with the text, structure, historical interpretation, adoption, and purpose of the Clause; and is contrary to Executive Branch practice over the course of many years,” Sullivan wrote.

How do you like them strict constructionist apples, Donnie me boy?

45 Likes

I prefer to pop my own, in an oil based popper (not microwave). I find that peanut oil works well.

7 Likes

Things are getting hot for Trump. This one will sting. :joy:

24 Likes

is any abuse of power or bad action the House decides to impeach on and has the votes to pass. He’s directly violating a Constitutional restriction on the kinds of money he can take in, simply because he feels like it. He’s been cashing in on the presidency like the cheap chiseler he is.

Well, any day the alligator jaws of justice clamp down a little harder is a happy day for me. Cheers, everyone. :beers:

55 Likes

Yay. Finally some good news today.

I was starting to think this is the longest fucking episode of The Apprentice I never wanted to tune into in the first damn place. Finally, there’s some reprieve for the rest of us normal people living on Earth One.

16 Likes

They gave him an illustration.

11 Likes