Discussion: Judge Appears Unmoved By Roger Stone's Attempts To Dismiss His Case

2 Likes

Buffoonery!

12 Likes

Roger Stone remains an unrepentant dirty trickster, megalomaniac, and just plain weird.

28 Likes

Pardon Stone and Manafort NOW!

don’t be a wimp!

9 Likes

I can’t figure out if all of these Rethugliklan attorneys are breathtakingly incompetent or they just appear that way because they’re grasping at gossamer threads in a desperate attempt to save their client. If nothing else they seem to have the “throw enough shit against the wall and see what sticks” defense down pretty pat.

Either way, they appear to be doing their level best to try Judge Berman Jackson’s patience.

42 Likes

“Is there any reason why… I’m supposed to apply the law of a dissent?” Berman Jackson asked Rogow.

</ laughing chimpanzee gif />

33 Likes

Ahh, that’s life in the barrel, eh Roger? Good times, good times…

17 Likes

Well it is Roger Stone and these are his lawyers…

3 Likes

“but later argued that she could still voice concerns in an opinion ruling against Stone.”

Why would she bother? And I don’t think she has as many “concerns” as rethugs.

2 Likes

*flair for the dramatic

3 Likes

This guy deserves to spend a long, long time in a federal correctional facility. And he’s been deserving it for, oh, about 30 years at least. He has absolutely no redeeming values and is a pox on humanity.

30 Likes

That’s my vote. Hard to create a legal argument when you’ve got nothing to work with

12 Likes

The prosecutors have your client dead to rights, but your client absolutely refuses to consider any sort of plea deal. You’re left with gossamer, and you have to make the best of it. The trick is to do so without winding up with contempt citations, and without be disbarred.

22 Likes

“The only hint of fireworks came when one of Stone’s lawyers, Bruce Rogow, used the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s dissent in a case to argue that the special counsel office did not have the authority to investigate President Trump.”

Antonin Scalia is an example of someone who’s doing an amazing job, and is being recognized more and more, I notice.

63 Likes

“Is there any reason why… I’m supposed to apply the law of a dissent?” Berman Jackson asked Rogow.

“Wouldn’t U.S. v Nixon kind of end your argument before it starts?” she added, citing the ruling that forced Nixon to hand over his tapes during the Watergate scandal.

WOW! For a lawyer, Rogow seems as familiar with the law as Kris Koboch.

19 Likes

There are more and more people in the world of very serious conservatives who have become convinced that his votes on SCOTUS cases should continue to be taken into account, his dirt nap notwithstanding. That speaks volumes about his skill and importance.

ETA: How can one possibly limit such a judicial luminary to a mere lifetime appointment?

23 Likes

I’m worried about Roger. If he doesn’t get a new photo on the web soon, he’ll surely die.

6 Likes

Most of Stone’s team’s arguments for dismissal appeared to hinge on obscure technical points.

I had the same roadblocks in high school trying to get Gina Dix to sleep with me.
16 Likes

???

Har!

Billable hours, nothing more. Grifters feasting on the not yet dead carcass of another grifter.

17 Likes

11 Likes