Discussion: Jon Huntsman's Father: Sen. Lee 'An Embarrassment To Utah'

Discussion for article #231424

Oh noes … somebody spoke the truth about Rafael’s Howdy Doody!

9 Likes

When a guy who wrote the Forward to one of Glenn Beck’s books thinks your an “embarrassment” and an “extremist”…time to hang it up.

9 Likes

hmmmm… pushback from the sugar daddies begins.

2 Likes

Money v. Ideology. I know which one will win in the Republican Party. (And it isn’t ideology)

8 Likes

The GOP’s ideology is, at heart, all about money—getting money, keeping money, and not letting anyone else have any money.

12 Likes

Well…darn.

1 Like

Granted, Lee’s an embarrassment. But this distinguishes him how exactly from the rest of the Utah (all Rs) delegation in Washington?

4 Likes

Actually Beck wrote the foreword of Jon M. Huntsman’s book “Winners Never Cheat”. Basically it’s about how it is wrong to make lots of money without having any integrity. It gets into honesty and generosity as well. The Huntsman’s have been very charitable people. The Jon who wrote the book is not the one that ran for President, this is the father of the guy who ran for President. I could care less who wrote the foreword, it’s a good topic and seems like a great book. And this was 2008, before Beck joined FOX and went into his theatrical meltdown to get viewers. He was on CNN at the time. It was at that time he actually said the US had the WORST health care system in the world. Then a year later at FOX (after this book came out), he said we had the BEST system in the world. He knew that would sell.

Huntsman is an old school Republican. Like Ike. Good guy. His philanthropy exceeds $1.2 billion, mostly for cancer research, the homeless, the ill, and the under-privileged. If a Republican was going to be President, I’d take his kid over any of the other candidates. Also a good man.

15 Likes

I’m shocked! Some moron elected by southern (Texas, Utah, etc) morons are below the line between humans and slugs!

1 Like

Sounds like a sure win in 2016 with those kind of Tea Potty creds.

1 Like

Seems Mr. Huntsman is one of those rare creatures, a sane Republican with some self-respect. I thought that species went extinct a decade or so ago.

13 Likes

They’re still around. Rare though, like an albino turtle.

Doesn’t matter how rare or how decent though, in this incarnation of the GOP they will never make it past a presidential primary, as we saw with the junior Huntsman.

6 Likes

IOW a dinosaur. Lee’s ideas are ridiculous and don’t work. Huntsman the older’s ideas were based on a mythology that was doomed to fail society. Utah is an idea that was dead on planting.

3 Likes

“Embarrassment?”…Lee IS Utah.

The Mormons are determined that the crickets will win this time.

2 Likes

Huntsman’s philosophy was to to give back a lot of what you earn to make other people’s lives better. If that is mythology that fails society, I’d like to be part of that “failed” society.

7 Likes

If Huntsman is such a great guy why doesn’t he have sense enough to drop the GOP like a hot rock? Why be lumped with all those crazy people who call themselves republicans?

4 Likes

I hope Jon Huntsman runs for Senate and he wins (because face it, a Democrat in Utah won’t win anytime soon). Huntsman struck me as the kind of old school Republican who the GOP so desperately needs to tone down the crazy.

5 Likes

We could also call him the Cruz Stooge.

2 Likes

Sen. Lee likes to tout his pro-life bonfides yet thinks child labor laws ought to be left to the states.

2 Likes