Discussion: Joe Scarborough Backs Up Trump's Decision To Boycott Fox News Debate

Discussion for article #245153

1 Like

Guess who wants Trump to come on his show more to goose his crappy ratings?

21 Likes

Trump is probably just managing his risk here. If he is running ahead in Iowa, there is more downside to tangling with Cruz on the air than there is upside. He can better manage his message through surrogates and twitter.

7 Likes

Wow Joe, how does Trump’s d**k feel???

11 Likes

Besides, if Trump isn’t in the debate, where do you think he’s gonna be?

Almost certainly passing commentary with a much more friendly tv anchor on a different network.

He’s basically gonna get an opportunity to respond to everyone, without them getting an opportunity to respond back, in a far friendlier and more scripted setting.

6 Likes

The “Morning Joe” co-host also compared Trump’s move to a famous moment in the 1980 Republican presidential primary debates. Ronald Reagan had paid for a debate in Nashua, New Hampshire, with George H.W. Bush after the party refused to pay. When Reagan invited five additional candidates to participate in the debate, the moderator tried to cut off his microphone, to which Reagan declared, “I’m paying for this microphone!”

“History’s repeating itself,” Scarborough said, noting that Reagan objected to the debate rules because they weren’t “fair to the rest of the candidates.”

Now bring up the part where Trump wanted Kelly replaced in the debate. He could have actually got that wish, because MacCallum, Earhardt,Childers,etc,etc would have been ‘perfect’ enough to satisfy Trump. Had Kelly been replaced with Tantaros or Guilfoyle, then everyone would have had to watch Trump enraptured in 24-7 orgasmic bliss.

However had Kelly been replaced, then Trump wins it all. Trump isn’t paying for this debate, Fox News is paying for that debate and Trump is welcome to walk from the stage and back onto it.

Thank you for letting folks know that he will likely be on your show Thursday. Good luck with keeping that show under control.

5 Likes

Trump is corrupt. Scarborough is corrupt. No news here.

6 Likes

Last night, Trump and his organization were announcing plans to do an event / fund raiser / something for Wounded Warriors and (ideally) having it broadcast on a competing network.
As of last night Wounded Warriors was not aware of any plans and nothing was confirmed.

3 Likes

Ratings =/= Presidential Qualification

1 Like

You people live in a silly silly country. I’m amazed you can show your faces in public!

4 Likes

TPM, if you’re going to cover someone on the right, at least let it be someone who is relevant or interesting. Joe Scarborough is neither of those things.

5 Likes

Joe loves wearing those little quarter zip pullovers. I bet he’s also the guy who wears a tennis sweater tied around his neck in the Spring. Probably an Izod.

4 Likes

I’m surprised Mika didn’t jump in and blame Hillary somehow … that show is off the rails these days.

1 Like

Joscab is a wimpy coward just like drumphie…No surprise here! Mika lets him get away with his claptrap…He would not last a minute with a real female journalist!

3 Likes

I suppose that’s a theory. Here’s mine: that a historically maladjusted candidate has been throwing a five-month tantrum over a perfectly legitimate question, demanded that a moderator displeasing to him be yanked, was refused and mocked, and jumped up from the dinner table and stomped up the stairs to sulk in his room. His “low-information” admirers somehow find this stuff refreshing. The rest of us viscerally understand that this is what immature people do when faced with a situation they don’t like. Granted I haven’t got a TV show but if you put Joe’s theory against mine I believe mine.

8 Likes

Oh, Joe.
The Trumpster’s fee-fees get hurt and you immediately drop to your knees and start sucking in his defense.
You are pathetic.

5 Likes

Remember to wipe your chin when you’re done, Joe.

5 Likes

All the other people around the table also pretty much concurred with Joe’s ass-kissing praise (Mika, Willie, the dumb one that isn’t Heilemann, and the wishy-washy Washington Post black guy).

2 Likes

Moanin’ Joe has his head so far up Trump’s ample ass that he can actually see the roots of that ‘thing’ on top of The Donald’s head.

7 Likes

This was cooked up between Trump and Roger Ailes to gin up viewership for their lousy debates. It’s no more real than the “feuds” pro-wrestlers pretend to have before a match.

Expect this:

1. Trump and Ailes will meet at the last moment.
  2. Trump will emerge from the meeting saying that the concessions he demanded were met.
  3. The phony show will go on as scheduled, with a “chastened” Megyn Kelly.
1 Like