Discussion: Jindal: People Ready For 'Hostile Takeover' Of DC

Discussion for article #224203

Do something about it then, Piyush.

We’re waiting.

34 Likes

Piyush is trying to position himself as the manly, macho, Christofascist candidate for POTUS.

It may work, too…after a fashion. With that kind of phony tough talk, he could develop a following among angry, 70-plus White guys, and Christian college men who secretly beat off to Ted Nugget.

29 Likes

I used to work for a company that had a policy: " Anyone found to be a member of an organization espousing the over throw of the American government will be fired". Of course they were talking about communists.

28 Likes

Isn’t that the “pot calling the kettle black?” The major difference is that the left respects and is inclusive of ALL religions where the right seems to think only christianity deserves respect to the exclusion of all others. Then they have the gall to say the left is “waging wars against religious liberty and education…” If the right had its way, only white christian males would be deserving of our country’s benefits. I can’t believe the republican party has fallen to the utter depths of hate, exclusion and self-righteousness.

23 Likes

He was speaking to evangelical leaders. I suspect their fear of Common Core is because it might require teaching of actual earth science and actual biological science and actual paleontology etc., and no doubt covers other world religions in social studies classes without telling students they all condemn their followers to the eternal fires of hell. Not sure, but I believe Pyush was originally in favor of Common Core.

I’d like to see some reporter look up some of his fellow students at Oxford. The colleges there are all about critical thinking (and drinking English beer in the pubs). They have a street named Logic Lane. Was he the laughing stock of the class?

10 Likes

“Are we witnessing right now the most radically, extremely liberal, ideological president of our entire lifetime right here in the United States of America, or are we witnessing the most incompetent president of the United States of America in the history of our lifetimes? You know, it is a difficult question,” he said. “I’ve thought long and hard about it. Here’s the only answer I’ve come up with, and I’m going to quote Secretary Clinton: ‘What difference does it make?’”

Jindal then wiped and pulled up his trousers.

5 Likes

The normal comment drawer thing just shows “loading” forever and no comments. Usually it displays two or three comments before “Loading” the rest forever, and I have to “Continue to discussion page” for the rest. This time, I had to continue for any of them.

The recently installed comment system is rife with bits that don’t work right and hard to justify bizarre display decisions. And has not improved a bit since the first few days. Maybe the people who fixed the ACA site are available now. Or maybe TPM should have just used one of the already functioning systems in use all over the internet.

7 Likes

“The most radically liberal president.”

Jesus, what an idiot.

18 Likes

Ha Ha! He’s mad as hell and won’t take it anymore. Well then, round up those Duck guys, put in a call to Cliven, and y’all go burn Dee Cee. Let me know how it works for ya.

16 Likes

Oh, Bobby, that is so yesterday! I mean literally…yesterday. 1500 people showed up for the “March for Marriage” rally. Oh, yeah…it also happened in May with Operation American Spring. 400 people attended. Then there was the Larry Klayman’s Nov. '13 rally. 100 people showed up. But…give it a shot, Bobby. Put out the call. Just remember that when people continue to cry wolf people stop listening. They HAVE stopped listening…but DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Maybe by the sheer draw of your magnetic personality you can get a couple thousand to attend. BTW, there IS no attack on anybody’s religious freedom…that is unless you are talking about the freedom to deny others their freedoms.

18 Likes

I like the new system. It’s got a couple of bugs, but at least when there is a problem it’s due to a glitch, and not to school kids playing censor like they do at Huffington Post (or did before the Facebook takover; not sure what to make of them now). I’m willing to give TPM time. They just may be the future of progressive discourse.

7 Likes

Jindal advocating the violent overthrow of the U.S. Government. Go straight to Leavenworth and don’t look back.

21 Likes

Poor little Piyush!

He is now and forever the poster child for what he so correctly called “The Stupid Party.”

12 Likes

Why do Republicans hate America?

19 Likes

Because it’s not America Inc.

12 Likes

What a pathetic loser.
Now he is warning of revolution? I will believe it when Jindal steps right out front with a gun in his hands. What a coward. Willing to whip other people up to KILL FELLOW AMERICANS just to advance his faltering political career.
Lowest of the low.

8 Likes

“I am tired of the left. They say they’re for tolerance, they say they respect diversity. The reality is this: They respect everybody unless you happen to disagree with them,” he said. “The left is trying to silence us and I’m tired of it, I won’t take it anymore.”

Look dummy,I’m going to explain this one more time to you.
We are tolerant of your wishes to privately hold any damn silly religious tenet that strikes your fancy.
We respect your right to be willfully ignorant if that is the path you chose.
That doesn’t mean we won’t fight you tooth and nail when you try to make public policy based upon your primitive beliefs rather than science and facts.
If I recall correctly your state ranks at the very bottom for educating its citizens. It takes some brass balls to stand there and criticize anyone who is trying to improve the chances for your schoolchildren while you’re abandoning them to further your dying political career.

22 Likes

Uh-oh. Bobby Jindal is going to lead a revolution of old angry fundamentalists. We know what an inspiring leader he is!! And trying to face down that band of 70 year-old properly edumacated Christian warriors is a terrifying prospect! I’m quaking in my boots.

5 Likes

Eightteen comments since this story was posted. Bobby, your revolution is brewing really slowly.

I have a hunch that Jindal wants to throw a revolution but nobody is showing up.

4 Likes