Discussion for article #227300
5-to-1 odds Gilchrist thought the Daily Show was a legit news show.
Operation Normandy…
That would make the militianoids the Nazis in Occupied France? And the kids at the border the Allies?
Don’t you mean Occupied Freedom? France is still verboten in Baggergeoisie
Um…well, this is turning out as expected. Militia members are being shot by border patrol agents.
and I was so psyched last night. I live in Vermont! We made the Daily Show!
I remember Gilchrist when he ran for California’s 48th district, and meeting him after a debate. He’s the poster child for modern American conservatism. He’s driven purely by a mishmash of conspiracy theory, fear politics, paranoid delusions and something he’d probably deny as racism.
Now that he is in Texas, he is amongst equals.
If you want to stop children conducting "a Trojan Horse type of invasion"against Murica, wouldn’t using packs of Trojans be more effective than using “Minutemen militias”?
I forget which beachhead the Trojan Horse landed on. A little help?
Looks like the Minutemen didn’t like Gilchrist either!
If it’s called Operation Normandy because it’s so big, why can’t we call it Opeartion Yakity Sax cause of the militias’ track record?
The way gilchrist drops the “illegal alien” canard… disgustingly trying to prevent feeling human empathy for the immigrants they’re preying on. The man is a sociopath.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Look how many people Ali G. punked.
If these paranoids don’t have real enemies, they have to invent them.
When I worked in NYC in the mid-1970s, the place was swarming with “illegals”. They were white Europeans who came on a visa and just parked there and in the surrounding NJ, CT area.
Nobody formed militias to contain white people.
Why isn’t there a Nobel Prize category for comedy? I mean for the whole daily show, not just this.
(And to those who wonder if the guy knew he was being “punked”, this is more likely clever editing of the comic into an existing interview).
At one time in the '80s the largest group of illegals in Chicago came from Poland. Not so much screaming about them then, either.
I would love to see the Daily Show “take a crack” at doing jobs Americans won’t do, or we all are just picking lettuce.