Discussion: Jill Stein And Gary Johnson Fail To Qualify For The First Presidential Debate

Dr. Oz confirmed that it is a YUUUGE ass to ride.

3 Likes

They don’t want any third parties participating in our election process.

Since third-party people believe that Trump and Clinton are simply reverse sides of the same corrupt coin, why do Johnson and Stein need to take part anyhow? They should debate each other and exclude the corrupt Trump and Clinton, amirite?

3 Likes

As a public service, I would like to see Jill Stein on the stage on the condition that she is grilled about her anti-vaxxer waffles.
Besides being nuttier than a Libertarian pot dealer, she is a disgrace to the medical profession by virtue of her pandering to vaccine conspiracy theories.

8 Likes

I have a special place where I would like to get all anti-vaxxer conspiracy nuts to go. My hope is that they should all gather there and wait for the terrible side effects of vaccines to be demonstrated unequivocally, and the all-clear sounded. It’s called Texas.

5 Likes

I think Johnson missed his opportunity, when he fortunately (yes i’m being biased) flunked the Syrian question.

Barring something insane on the 26th, this is a two man race and my money is on Clinton.

7 Likes

Nope

She will likely be doing a court date soon

2 Likes

I read a statement by a college student in the A2 paper today. She’s a libertarian and liberal on social issues. A Trump supporter, she said that the government needs to be run like a business.

How many bankruptcies has Trump been through? How successful are any of his businesses?

Our children is learning? Not this one.

Good grief.

6 Likes

So has Trump. Unless Hillary kills it in the debates, she will lose though.

1 Like

She will kill it. I’ve never seen her fail, and I don’t expect her to now - she’s in the fight for our lives.

8 Likes

I don’t know anymore. Issues don’t matter anymore. Lies don’t matter anymore. I don’t even know what does matter to the voters in this election.

1 Like

I’d bet that what matters to you as a voter matters to many more just like you and me.

1 Like

I approve of this message - heh.

I’m at a loss to explain how he can belittle everyone but white men, have no ground game, and within a week, he could be ahead the polling in enough swing states to take the election. Again, I’ve no idea what matters to the voters in determining who they will vote for. If it was the issues, Hillary will be comfortably ahead. Is America such a xenophobic, racist, misogynistic nation to the extent that the would flock to Trump? That’s the only reason I can thing of.

1 Like

If you don’t know where or what Aleppo is, kind of hard to argue you belong on a Presidential debate stage…which begs the question-should Trump even be there?

4 Likes

People like Trump’s ā€œstrengthā€.
Belittling people, even asserting authority over what is true and false—these appeal to people on a visceral level.

2 Likes

Watching MTP Daily and I don’t know how many times someone on the panel used the words ā€œplayedā€, ā€œsuckerā€, ā€œsuckersā€, or ā€œsuckeredā€. I’m guessing it was well over a dozen times. They really aren’t happy. Good, I’m not happy with them either.

That’s why I’ve been very pleased with the tone coming from Clinton, Reid, Obama, and now the CBC.

10 Likes

How can Government be run like a business when they fundamentally different purposes?

Businesses exist to make a profit. That’s pretty much it. Everything else is secondary by far.

Government exists to take care of citizens. Unless you want real death panels and debt prisons and pollution in your air, water, land, etc., it’s shoddy thinking.

Sure Government can be more efficient and more cost effective, but I’m so happy it’s not run like a business.

BTW, how well did George W. do running government like a business?

6 Likes

I’m a damn optimist, and I think the majority of people in this country will send Trump packing in November.

However, these issues won’t go with him, and I’m not sure how to fix that.

ETA: Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! would help. Sadly, republicans don’t seem to want to assist in their creation.

4 Likes

While there’s no doubt in my mind that the hacks at the NYT know perfectly well what Trump is doing but simply don’t care, there are plenty of other media people who appear to be as gullible as an 80-year old widow from Dubuque who believes she’s getting an inheritance from a Nigerian prince after she provides her bank account number to this nice man on the internet.

4 Likes

I read a statement by a college student in the A2 paper today.

Whatever you do, don’t descend into the comments section on MLive. It’s Dante’s Inferno combined with ā€œIdiocracy.ā€

Is America such a xenophobic, racist, misogynistic nation to the extent that they would flock to Trump?

Yes.

3 Likes