Discussion: Jeff Flake's Tax Bill Vote Was Secured With A Flimsy Promise On DACA

1 Like

It’s a real shame Snowflake had to retire. I would enjoy seeing him trounced next year.

3 Likes

Flake fell for the con!!!
Is he that stupid!!!

4 Likes

Translation: “I’m going to vote for something I know to be really really bad in exchange for a promise to be at the table where my voice will be ignored”

8 Likes

No surprise here … all of the Senate Republicans, even the so-called “moderates” are looking for any excuse to vote for the bill … after all, promoting the interests of the wealthy is the raison d’etre of the Republican Party

6 Likes

“Senator Flake is pleased to have a commitment from the Vice President Pence and the White House to be in the middle of the forthcoming legislative process to get a fix to the DACA situation.”

That anyone could actually offer this fig leaf with a straight face reveals the enormity of their soulless depravity, the mind-numbing sleaze of their utter corruption, and their absolute contempt for America and the human species.

Or that they’re a Republican.

17 Likes

Flake caved, as I fully expected him to do.

I am mildly surprised at just how little he got in exchange. But not that surprised.

4 Likes

Every decision, appointment, nomination, bill, executive order trump had anything to do with is now, and alway was suspect. Wonder if there’s a case to be made that questions trump’s executive authority to sign legislation

4 Likes

I guess the best that can be said about Flake is that he’s not well-versed in being a prostitute. You’re supposed to get your money up front, moron.

13 Likes

As much as one might admire the moral values of members of the LDS cult, on occasion some of them can be insufferably naive. Please Senator, reconsider. POTUS is a snake.

3 Likes

Yeah, but did you see that speech he made on the Senate floor?

Prick.

4 Likes

Obviously Trump is playing the congress and getting away with it. Jeff Flake will never see the DACA deal…he’s very naive.

6 Likes

He said his yes vote was secured by a promise from Senate leadership and the White House to include him in negotiations around a permanent fix for DACA recipients—the hundreds of thousands of undocumented young people whose protections were stripped away by the Trump administration earlier this year.

ummmmm

4 Likes

An athletic sock in a teenage boy’s bedroom isn’t used as badly as Flake was here.

3 Likes

Right? And certain pundits told us we needed to be sure to show proper appreciation for his speech, and the stand he took in it, so that we didn’t drive him into the arms of donnie.

Must be our fault. Guess we didn’t thank him enough.

5 Likes

I can’t believe the number of senators who actually believe that their “demands” are going to be met.

3 Likes

Blowing giant holes in the deficit is what the GOP does. Of course, he doesn’t mind blowing a whole lot of holes in the deficit or in his kids future in North America. He is going to be long gone with his loot.

1 Like

Next up: OMG , look. A huge deficit!! Who could have thought,…?? Well, lets privatize SS, and streamline Medicare, and send medicare recipients to do work in the salt mines.

11 Likes

A promise to include him in negotiations? By people who are known for breaking their promises. He should have sold his soul for a damn sight more.

1 Like

It’s more than official: Jeff Flake is a Trumpet lap dog.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available