Discussion: Jeff Flake: 'It's Tough To Imagine Politics Without John McCain'

1 Like

So be admirable yourself, Jeff. It’s time. Time for deeds, not just words.

10 Likes

I can only imagine the GOP troglodyte that will be named to fill the seat. Joe Arpaio? Jan Brewer?

5 Likes

It was tough to endure politics with John McCain.

2 Likes

No disrespect to McCain, with whom I disagreed about almost everything–and who, I believe, made some choices in pursuit of the Presidency that he lived to deeply regret, as he should–but, in the wake of the past 24 months, I really do not give One Rat’s Ass about Jeff Flake’s feelings, “sincere” or otherwise. He has just been too gutless and hypocritical.

8 Likes

Life is tough.

5 Likes

It’s tough to imagine Jeff Flake walking his talk.

3 Likes

Laudable sentiment by Senator Flake … but can hear McCain’s voice now saying “No, no, no … life goes on and there will be new players and new chapters” McCain may have been someone who made some poor choices at times and miscalculations - but he did seemed to aspire to genuineness - and sought to factor integrity into his actions - maybe not always as diligently as he could have - but he most definitely was not an evil person.

2 Likes

Actually … I imagined it just yesterday …

Wasn’t that fucking tough —

6 Likes

Dear Senator Flake,

Please honor your friend by remembering his health care vote when the SCOTUS vote comes up.

Sincerely,

America

4 Likes

So what’s up with Mitch? I haven’t heard a peep out of him since Sen McCain’s passing. Doesn’t the turtle :turtle: man give a damn!

1 Like

The GOP is officially the POT.

(party of trump)

6 Likes

He’s too busy figuring out how he can help choose the replacement who will be the shoe-in for the Kavanaugh vote.

3 Likes

The GOP is no longer a political party. It is officially a small overcrowded cage of half-starved, rabid weasels… with apologies to actual weasels.

4 Likes

Speaking of, has the Palin offered anything on McCain’s death?

3 Likes

I don’t think McCain was all that fond of Mitch. Respected his deep understanding of the byzantine laws of the Senate and how to work it, but other than that, the two are totally different men. And Mitch was no doubt jealous of McCain’s likability with fellow colleagues.

3 Likes

Found it on another section of TPM:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., called McCain a “fascinating personality.”

“He would occasionally be in a bad place with various members, including myself, and when this would blow over it was like nothing ever happened,” McConnell said Saturday after a GOP state dinner in Lexington, Kentucky. “He also had a wicked sense of humor and it made every tense moment come out better.”

Pffffffffffft…classic asshole McConnell.

4 Likes

Good question; seems not.

She must be whacked-out on Oxy this morning.

3 Likes

He should have just kept his mouth shut!

Or Douchey himself??

Is that possible?

1 Like