Discussion: Jeb Bush Knocks Kevin McCarthy On Clinton-Benghazi Committee Comments

Discussion for article #241257

I am shocked, shocked that there is gambling going on in this establishment.

3 Likes

I know, buddy. That was so weird - a Republican told the truth in public.

4 Likes

“The Benghazi Committee exists because there should be an analysis of what actually happened, and what the response was, and if there was a cover up afterwards,” Bush said. “This isn’t to try to damage Hillary Clinton, and I don’t quite understand why he said that.”

“It’s not, I tell you, it’s not! The committee is not there to damage Hillary Clinton. Really, It’s not. There’s only been eight reports filed and they didn’t tell us what we wanted to hear. A couple more ought to get to the bottom of it.”

The GOP keeps keep digging this hole deeper don’t they? Give 'em a few more days, especially when Cruz weighs in, and they’ll reach the Mohorovicic Discontinuity.[1]

[1] The boundary between earth’s crust and the mantle.

5 Likes

“The Benghazi Committee exists because there should be an analysis of what actually happened, and what the response was, and if there was a cover up afterwards,” Bush said.

It’s right here. The GOP-controlled House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence already did that in November 2014:

https://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi%20Report.pdf

4 Likes

TPM:

[Bush said,] “This isn’t to try to damage Hillary Clinton, and I don’t quite understand why he said that.” …

Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough noted that the original question posed to McCarthy was: What has the House of Representatives done under Republican leadership?

“That’s my point. If that’s as far as you can go, then that’s clearly the problem. They pass bills all the time,” Bush said. “The problem is that there has not been a strategy between the House and the Senate to be able to force the President to show his hand.”

Shorter JEB!: This isn’t to damage Hillary Clinton, the problem is that we’re not damaging the President of the United States.

Yeah, Jebby, that’s a real ethical and patriotic stance you got going there.

7 Likes

well, i’m not going to google that one but the hole they are digging has passed into crater status.

1 Like

I love the smell of republican opprobrium in the morning. Heh, heh.

1 Like

Jeb? is not knocking Dim Bulb regardless of what the headline reads. In his plodding bush-like manner he’s still justifying the existence of the committee and its “fact finding” mission. If Boner wanted to show some cojones on his way back to East Jesus OH he would shut it down.

2 Likes

The problem is that there has not been a strategy between the House
and the Senate to be able to force the President to show his hand."

I imagine he thinks he means something by that but damned if I know what it might be.

2 Likes

Wherever there’s a bush there needs to be mud.

1 Like

“This isn’t to try to damage Hillary Clinton, and I don’t quite understand why he said that.”

Of course it is. It always has been. Wrong doing by Pols has never been viewed other than political. If its a Democrat you get a never ending committee. If its GOPer you get a pardon or a whitewash. Them’s the rules.

Does Jeb think this shit is going to fly? He knows dozens of folks were killed on attacks of American Conciliates and Embassies on his brothers watch. No committees though. Particularly exasperating is the Karachi and Sanaa facilities were attacked more than once and no “committee” on how that could be. Can you imagine the shit-storm a second attack in Libya would produce?

Of course its political. We aren’t that dumb.

4 Likes

We used to say they’d reach China.

MorningJoe needs more laugh tracks.

Just as Mitch called a secret meeting on the night of President Obama’s inauguration to do everything possible to make him a one-termer did the TeaLinquents have Hillary in the crosshairs to discredit her.

Hope JB has the lame-ass balls to call a halt.

1 Like

No Jeb, the House under Republicans does NOT “pass bills all the time”. That is why, when pressed for an example of good governance, the best they can come up with is a partisan hack job.

1 Like

There are lots of adjectives to describe Jeb but naive isn’t one of them.

Hilarious that uninvolved outsider JEB! Bush thinks he knows better why the committee was set up than does the guy who helped set it up. Yes, JEB! Bush is that stupid.

Oh, and can we get the media to use his last name only, like they do for Clinton, Sanders, and Obama? The Bush campaign has either done a masterful job of getting the media to always pair the names or just use Jeb, or has bribed them.

2 Likes

“…I don’t quite understand why he said that.”

…where someone could hear him.

1 Like

Bush told Morning Joe Thursday, “I don’t quite understand why he said that.”

He doesn’t understand much, does he? Sounds like Karl Rove is once again giving him advice. This guy is close to toast imo, not only with the Republican base voters but with the country at large. The only ones that want this asshole to succeed is the establishment donor class.

And once again, Morning Jerks or should I say, “The Morning Go-After-Hillary-Clinton Show” numbnuts have found a way to deflect the real story with the help of the chief numbnut, Scarbo. That show became so unwatchable so long ago. Its entire reason for existence now, along with Andrea Greenspan’s, is to keep the anti-Hillary bullshit going, regardless of any facts that contradict their partisan agenda.

2 Likes

http://correctrecord.org/benghazi-by-the-numbers/

1 Like