Discussion: Jeb Bush 'All In' With House GOP's Special Budget Math Method (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #236647

now they are dismissing accounting practices in favor of fairy dust accounting…how f’d up is that?

2 Likes

Perhaps, before Mr Bush (the latest) and Mr. Ryan (the former) get all giddy over “dynamic scoring,” they could deign to show us peons even ONE instance of major tax cuts leading to a flowering of economic boomtimes for us peons.

Shall we look at Kansas, where Gov. Brownback, chief high priest in the Church of Laffer, has been cooking his tax cut test tubes for over 5 years now as the state’s deficit grows, schools are ending instruction weeks early because they have no more money, and those who still manage to qualify for welfare, learn that they can only get it via ATM cards that limit their spending to $25 of withdrawals a day and charge them for every withdrawal. I can hardly wait to buy a house there.

Louisiana? I think the latest deficit estimate there is $1.6 billion and climbing.

Latest I heard from Scott Walker, who apparently is too busy running for President to actually care about the miracles he has wrought, Wisconsin is looking at a shortfall in the $2 billion range.

Now you could argue that before making decisions like these, you look at the evidence, but to the GOP, evidence is what they tell you it is. Economics, scientists, doctors? We don’t need no “steeenkin”…Trust us. This will work because we say so.

30 Likes

Remember…you can’t spell Conservative without “Con”.

6 Likes

Dynamic scoring…If elected Jeb will be the third Bush to cause a recession…

13 Likes

“For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the
force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the
past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind
itself is controllable – what then?”
― George Orwell,1984

9 Likes

Right like we are really going to take the word of a Bush on anything that has to do with budgets and accounting? His brother cooked the books by keeping the wars off budget to keep the cost hidden from the public, which they did very well, and his tax cuts started the slow decline into the massive budget deficit we have now. And now they are using that budget deficit that they helped create as an excuse to cut the safety net programs…So nothing’s changed with the Republican party at all!

2 Likes

Remember the days of Papa Bush, when he once rightly dubbed “trickle down” as “voodoo economics”? Or how he sacrificed his political future and went back on “No New Taxes” in order to tackle the ballooning deficits that Reaganomics had left us? That seems to have been the last time that a politician named Bush had any sort of spine whatsoever.

7 Likes

“You are a slow learner, Winston."

“How can I help it? How can I help but see what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four.”

"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes
they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to
become sane.”
― George Orwell, 1984

10 Likes

They can’t win elections without tricks and voter suppression and they can’t sell a budget without cheating and deceit.

I really despise these guys!

12 Likes

QuoteFix:

One of the guys I most respect in Washington D.C. is Paul Ryan.
He’s thoughtful, and I hope to help him starve your grandmother.

jw1

7 Likes

“One of the guys I respect most …is Paul Ryan”

That statement alone should disqualify Jebba the Butt.

5 Likes

I can’t love your post enough.

Republican Dogma 101: If the FACTS don’t agree with your preconceived notions, Change the FACTS!

5 Likes

At this point, Marvin is beginning to look like the smart one.

4 Likes

This is beyond “fairy dust” accounting.

This is full-on smoking angel dust on top of mainlining meth. I will only refer to it is “Angel Dust Accounting” so long as this is a ‘thing.’

4 Likes

Jeb for a person not to be running for office sure is tying himself up in knots.Remember when you tell a lie you must remember that lie.

“A liar should have a good memory.

Quintilian,”

In Jebs case the word** should **needs to be replaced with the word"BETTER".

[quote=“jw1, post:11, topic:20687, full:true”]QuoteFix:

> One of the guys I most respect in Washington D.C. is Paul Ryan.
> He’s thoughtful, and I hope to help him starve your grandmother.[/quote]

[quote=“DNL, post:12, topic:20687, full:true”] “One of the guys I respect most …is Paul Ryan”

That statement alone should disqualify Jebba the Butt. [/quote]

Jebya’s administration:

​ • re-hire 80% of the Cheney administration
​ • pResidnet Dubya: foreign policy brain
​ • Paul Lyin’ Ryan: Domestic Accounting Czar

I’ll speculate that Scott Walker will be his VP pick.

4 Likes

AND invade a country on dubious information…Iran

Mr. Bush the Latest is the best and most appropriate nickname for him though I’d briefly considered Anodyne Man. “What do you want me to be? Ignorant of fiscal responsibility and tacking to the right and hoping to sail back to the middle later in the general? I can do that.” No, you can’t.