Discussion: James Comey’s Dad Says Fired FBI Director ‘Holding Up Well'

They should hold their heads high. What patriots!

6 Likes

“He just laughs when I talk about leaking,” the elder Comey said of his son.

I see what you did there. Well played, Mr. Comey.

10 Likes

When truth is on his side, why should he not hold up well?

Obviously, Trump’s a hot mess.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Wow…a parent loves his son…alert the media meh

Remember Comey’s comments last October?

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of Comey but I will say this: I believe his word in the testimony. I would not believe anything from trump without actual evidence to back up his words. And that’s a horrible thing to say about a president but we have sunk to this level. We elected a goddam TV show host, carnival barker and we should be ashamed.

10 Likes

Jim, Throw Dad’s old walker away and get him a 3 wheeler…

4 Likes

Speaking of leaks, I came across this tidbit on the Tweeter. Apparently, Israel had hacked into ISIS computer network & President Numbnuts had to blab it to his buddies :

4 Likes

3 Likes

Look at the difference! Comey Sr. shreds Trump in an elegant almost kind way, Then look at Trump’s words. Someone should tell President Trump that he’s way out of his league and like it or not he needs to stfu and go pretend he’s doing stuff in the Oval Office. Not one word or tweet he says is going to help him and most will be used against him. The rest of us can sit back and watch.

5 Likes

Has Hillary’s Gang forgiven all? Yesterday Comey was the Antichrist, today he’s a minor celebrity?
I’m confused.

2 Likes

Can anyone here tell me why people are so happy about the special counsel appointment? Fitzpatrick was the last special counsel, Fitzpatrick was appointed by Comey. He was well respected like Mueller. Over 3 years later a third rate player named Libby took the fall for Cheney for obstruction of justice and perjury. He was sentenced to prison but never set foot inside one while he appealed. Three months later his sentence was commuted. No one was ever arrested for the actual leak. This one will turn out pretty much the same way. I’d prefer the FBI or some other option where the public can be kept informed of events instead of a secret report being filed by Mueller to Rosenstein. He can keep it secret if he wants to. We may never the scope of Russia’s involvement.
Comey was aware of Russian interference over 11 months ago but decided to keep from the public while casting a cloud over Hillary over an email scandal that wasn’t. Hillary’s email ordeal was not even worthy of front page coverage. Had it been anyone else, it would not have been.
Comey should win an Oscar for best acting in the category of political theater. A partisan hack grew a halo and made a politicized FBI look good. His registering as an independent was such a nice touch, A lot of people fell for it though.

In a report to the Senate just before President Barack Obama hired him in 2013, the former prosecutor claimed a net worth of $11 million. That number almost immediately increased after he was confirmed, as Comey received a profit-sharing payout of over $3 million from Bridgewater Associates, the hedge fund where he was previously employed as an attorney. At the time of his confirmation, Comey and his wife owned around $5 million in stocks.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/personal-finance/james-comey-net-worth/

I’d surmise he’s worth a lot more today.

3 Likes

Israeli cyber teams reportedly hacked into the systems of terrorists

So Trump didn’t simply leak a piece of information, he closed a window into ISIS leadership and planning.

4 Likes

Yes, but her emails…

3 Likes

Yes, dear. We know.

3 Likes

As long as it irritates you the way it seems to do, I’m very happy with it.

1 Like

Yo wonder where people would get such an idea …
Oh yeah now I remember
The conservative entertainment and ministry of truth fabrication.
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/06/09/after-comey-s-extremely-damning-testimony-fox-friends-focuses-distractions/216851

1 Like

You’re so predictable.
Being as you’re such a centrist and abhor supporting anything that might upset the conservatives, you should read Krugman’s article about centrists in 2011.

As you may know, President Obama initially tried to strike a “Grand Bargain” with Republicans over taxes and spending. To do so, he not only chose not to make an issue of G.O.P. extortion, he offered extraordinary concessions on Democratic priorities: an increase in the age of Medicare eligibility, sharp spending cuts and only small revenue increases. As The Times’s Nate Silver pointed out, Mr. Obama effectively staked out a position that was not only far to the right of the average voter’s preferences, it was if anything a bit to the right of the average Republican voter’s preferences.But Republicans rejected the deal. So what was the headline on an Associated Press analysis of that breakdown in negotiations? “Obama, Republicans Trapped by Inflexible Rhetoric.” A Democratic president who bends over backward to accommodate the other side — or, if you prefer, who leans so far to the right that he’s in danger of falling over — is treated as being just the same as his utterly intransigent opponents. Balance!

Which brings me to those “centrist” fantasies.

Wrong again, Trollbreath.

I’m a staunch liberal—but I am also a pragmatist.

I know that what I truly want politically is unattainable now, so I am happy to achieve small gains when available so that we can build on those to get closer to what we want.

You show yourself to be someone who wants it all—or nothing.
That’s a game for suckers.

4 Likes