Discussion: Israel Prepares For Opening Of US Embassy In Jerusalem

1 Like

Well, now that we have Guatemala and Paraguay on board I guess all you doubters will have to slink away and admit that this was foresighted, wise, and bound to produce good outcomes in the very near future.

16 Likes

I can’t wait for the buffet to see the traditional “Fork In The Eye” ice sculptures.

10 Likes

Just not going to be the same … without Jared …

6 Likes

But after Trump’s move both Guatemala and Paraguay announced that they planned to follow suit.

I mean no offense to either country but in terms of any sort of international hierarchy, they don’t rank highly at all. If a majority of Western European countries decide to stay put in Tel Aviv, you’ll know exactly what our (former) allies think of this move.

5 Likes

I wonder how many people will die in the next few days because of this stunt.

10 Likes

Evangelicals crapping themselves with joy now that we’re one prophecy closer to End Times (or whatever it’s called).

2 Likes

Where and whenever religion, tribalism, and nationalism converge, trouble is almost certain. I hope the embassy has a moat and a large and sturdy truck barrier.

10 Likes

Of course this is just the interim embassy. The real billion dollar compound is still 10 years away.

6 Likes

If it doesn’t and if (when) it’s attacked, it will be Hillary’s fault.

7 Likes

It looks a little like the ahem Benghazi compound.

8 Likes

If attacked, I’m sure it has an impregnable VIP “safe room” for special guests.

5 Likes

And Das Dotard has chosen Pastor Robert Jeffress - anti-Semite, Islamophobe, misogynist, homophobe, racist, and all-around swell guy - to lead the opening prayer at the embassy. I guess they couldn’t get Richard Spencer.

And Netanyahu will go along with this insult to his people while smiling and jacking off Trump under the table.

11 Likes

Were he alive comedian, Georgie Jessel would have been a better choice.

2 Likes

Mnuchin’s wife is apparently not going because there’s no opportunity for her to roll around in freshly printed dollar bills.

5 Likes

Yes, I guess I recollect that. More often than I care to admit, when a really stupid decision is made that is beyond reversibility, I tend to just shake my head, tune out, and wait for the inevitable consequences, repurcussions, recriminations and committee hearings.

5 Likes

And just in case it is not impregnable, then there is always Cohen’s slush fund.

2 Likes

SOP since 1/20/2017.

4 Likes

Honestly, that’s a smart strategy that I should adopt.

@squirreltown

5 Likes

Michelle Wolf, perhaps?

5 Likes