Discussion: Iowa Man Says His 'Big Wuss' Dog Shot Him While They Were Roughhousing

1 Like

Not particularly bright person ignores several safety measures, shoots himself, & blames dog.

28 Likes

Why do these stories still amaze me? It’s taking me longer and longer to see the absurdity. The story should be, “Foolish human stupidly has a gun strapped on while sitting in his house, and then decides to wrestle with his dog!. End result - OOPS!”

Chance of an accident while wrestling with dog sans gun = ZERO, With gun, a lot higher!!!

11 Likes

…and lay down beside him and cried because he thought he had done something wrong.

Everyone knows he’s just a good dog with a gun.

34 Likes

Fifty-one-year-old Richard Remme, of Fort Dodge, told police he was playing with his dog, Balew, on the couch and tossed the dog off his lap. He says when the pit bull-Labrador mix bounded back up, he must have disabled the safety on the gun in his belly band and stepped on the trigger.

Okay I’m glad I went and read the linked article to confirm that it was not the dog wearing the gun in a “belly band”, because the way the AP wrote this, “he must have disabled the safety on the gun in his belly band” it’s easy to read it as both pronouns talking about the dog.

11 Likes

Reminds me of the old joke:

Guy goes to meet his future in-laws, but he’s got an upset stomach. When he needs to break wind, he crouches down next to the dog and lets go. The dad says, “Stupid dog!” Guy does it twice more, and finally the dad says, “Stupid dog, why do you let that idiot keep farting on you?!?”

In this case, Richard Remme is the fart.

11 Likes

It takes a good dog without a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun…using the bad guys gun.

6 Likes

Remme told The Messenger newspaper that Balew is a “big wuss” and lay down beside him and cried because he thought he had done something wrong.

He may have, he probably should have finished you off and protected the rest of us from you.

2 Likes

Cue Dana Loesch, Guns for Dogs. Open Carry Dog Licenses.

8 Likes

Winner.

11 Likes

On the bright side, the dog didn’t shoot him at a community Cornhole fundraiser.

6 Likes

Good boy! :smile:

12 Likes

If you’re so scared all the time that you have to wear a pistol in the house, I question which of you is the big wuss. I also question how this happened at all. I think he was adjusting the pistol to a more comfortable place among his flab-rolls and shot himself. P.S. The reason I say he’s flabby is that we both know perfectly well he’s flabby.

28 Likes

He says when the pit bull-Labrador mix bounded back up, he must have disabled the safety on the gun in his belly band and stepped on the trigger.

Proof the safety was not engaged beforehand.

14 Likes

Bullshit!!! When he was a kid probably the dog ate his homework.

He either was playing with his gun or otherwise did some safety violations. I find it funny that the people that shoot themselves while “cleaning the gun” happens at 2:00 AM…

4 Likes

You win the Internet today!

1 Like

Okay, what the fuck is a “belly band” if not a belt or a bunch of shirtless fat dudes with guitars?

9 Likes

Every single one of these accidental shootings hinges on one thing: the fucking idiot has a round in the chamber. Without that, the gun is just a shitty hammer. Chamber a round, and it’s a bomb waiting to go off. You have to be driven by irrational fear to carry a gun in the first place, especially inside your own house, but how fucking paranoid do you have to be to think you can’t spare that 1/4 second it takes to arm the weapon, before which it is an inert object that is just making your pants really uncomfortable? I’m left shaking my head in amazement every time I read yet another of these tales of incalculable stupidity.

12 Likes

I had to read the story to understand, that he didn’t have a dog for hunting “Big Wusses” …

2 Likes

The only thing that can stop a bad dog with a gun is a good dog with a gun.

3 Likes