Discussion: Inside The Chamber As The Senate's Obamacare Repeal Plans Went South

46 Likes

“Wait for the show.”

Quite a show! :joy_cat:

7 Likes

And there is this.

51 Likes

So is Price going to get fired for his failure, like drump said?

38 Likes

I have had a lot against the Senator over the years because it was my war too and I thought he might still be fighting. The chicken shit anger he showed to Obama was unfortunate. After last night I say well done sir and that goes to the two lady senators as well. True patriots !!

I am a Democrat and have little regard for the low information and willfully ignorant Rump voters but somebody should make it plain to them that these three have given them a chance to keep healthcare. Most of the Republican lawmakers are hell-bent on taking their healthcare away while telling them it is “freedom” … I hope they wake up.

40 Likes

When the chips were down, McCain actually stuck to his principles, and should be lauded for it. If the three Senators can force the rest of their Republican colleagues to follow the regular order and start a bipartisan process of evaluating and fixing Obamacare issues, then there will be a bill that passes easily, because it will be one that Democrats can get behind. That’s how it should be, and that’s how Obamacare was developed until partisan political maneuvering by Republicans pulled out their support.

We now need to hope that McCain stays alive, the Arizona governor will appoint a rubber stamp for Republicans if he dies, and I’m not sure there is another third Republican brave enough to stand up for the American people in the Senate.

38 Likes

I really enjoyed reading this. That is all.

46 Likes

Priebus is first. Apparently on AF1 with Trump and Scaramucci.

4 Likes

Thanks for taking us inside, Tierney. Well written.

40 Likes

Yes, this deserves to become a classic,

GREAT WORK @tierney Sneed…

diffferent from, but anyway reminding me of Hunter S Thompsons writing, catching the mood,describing the scene,

EDIT: And you can ‘like’ TPM articles at the top !

28 Likes

Well done, @tierney. I’ve seen less drama in descriptions of the seventh game of the World Series.

29 Likes

I can’t get enough of these stories today!
Keep it coming.

14 Likes

He’s still got a solid base of support among the men in Kazakhstan. No need to panic.

9 Likes

Do you suppose they’ll let him stay on the plane until it lands, or will they throw him out?

20 Likes

Here is hoping. Price is another crook. Washington will be better without him.

10 Likes

Live up to your word, Trump, fire Price. Or are you, at heart, merely a reality show “star?”

10 Likes

“…When the chips were down, McCain actually stuck to his principles…”

Except, perhaps, for today, no evidence for this. He has been a loyal party voter for years.

Paul Krugman in today’s NYTimes went after McCain big time. He has no political principles.

3 Likes

As Josh Marshall says…there must be retribution. The fucking copper pipes in the slab of my house just busted so I’ve got guys climbing over the joint re-pipeing the entire place. I planned on dedicating myself to that this weekend but given the imminent Trump explosion I’ll just let those guys plumb away while I keep up with this.

9 Likes

Yes and no. Gov Ducey was adamant that he doesn’t want anything to happen to the Medicaid expansion and he leaned as hard as he could on McCain to influence him to vote no. I don’t think he appoints anyone who won’t pledge to him to leave it alone until at least the special election. Otherwise, I agree. Ducey is a shambolic idiot and no friend of good governance,

16 Likes

“Murkowski and Collins did the same job as McCain, facing twice the hostility for half the credit”.
– Charlotte Alter

McCain could have killed this before, but wanted to be the White Savior.

28 Likes