Discussion: Inside Nunes' Absurd Suit Against Trolls Acting As His 'Mom' And His 'Cow'

1 Like

Discovery will be fun for a lot of people, but not Nunes.

26 Likes

Why troll Nunes when he leads with his chin, every friggin time?

12 Likes

Quite proud to have been retweeted by @FireDevinNunes more than once.

11 Likes

Ted Lieuā€™s tweet yesterday was perfect. ā€œOh look, hereā€™s Devin Nunes trying to silence free speech. Hereā€™s a thought: if you want better social media results, do better things.ā€

54 Likes

All I can say - again and again - is that I hope that the defendants move for rule 11 sanctions for bad faith/frivolous litigation. This is really, really stupid, and there is clearly no case here. When people blatenly use the Courtā€™s for political reasons like here, they and their lawyers should be sanctioned, with the lawyers who signed the lawsuit being referred to the Bar for discipline.

40 Likes

ā€œThe Twitter attacks on < > were pre-planned, calculated, orchestrated and undertaken by multiple individuals acting in concert, over a continuous period of time exceeding a year"

This is a team-Trumpā€™s orchestrated ploy to defuse and deflect identical charges against Russian Bots that surely will be appearing in Muellerā€™s report. Nunes is the stalking horse (er, cow) for this type of skullduggery.

7 Likes

I, for one, applaud Rep. Nunes in his valiant fight to create safe spaces for Republicans.

33 Likes

What an idiot.

5 Likes

So basically, Warren, Pelosi, Schiff, et al., not to mention businesses whoā€™ve been attacked by Trump on Twitter, should all sue the everloving shit out of Trump for every last penny he has because everything heā€™s tweeted at and about themā€¦every insult, every criticism, every repeated, meme-laced, redundant attack and playground nickname, etc., has legally defamed them.

30 Likes

I couldnā€™t stop snickering after I read ā€œfar right thinker.ā€ Iā€™m looking forward to see who was banned for, say, proposing insufficiently progressive marginal income tax rates. As opposed to posting outwardly nazi, confederate, or otherwise flagrantly incendiary, racist shit.

11 Likes

17 Likes

[quote=ā€œirasdad, post:8, topic:85798, full:trueā€]
I, for one, applaud Rep. Nunes in his valiant fight to create safe spaces for Republicans.
[/quote]Donā€™t they have an app for that now?

I guess it ainā€™t Twitter ā€¦ unless youā€™re @realdonaldtrump , the most awesome twitterer in the worldā€¦

4 Likes

Anybody who is ā€œout to get far-right thinkersā€ is missing the mark by attacking Nunes.

5 Likes

Nunes claims that, ā€œAt all times relevant to this action, Mair harbored spite, ill-will,
actual malice and demonstrated desire to injure Nunesā€™ good name and
reputation,ā€

Nunes has a good name and reputation???

Seems to me that all he is known for is being one of Trumpā€™s little toadies who spends more time running errands for Donnie than he does representing his district.

11 Likes

[quote=ā€œfgs, post:11, topic:85798ā€]
I couldnā€™t stop snickering after I read ā€œfar right thinker.ā€
[/quote]Iā€™ll see your snickering, and raise you 5 guffawings.

12 Likes

ā€œfar-right thinkersā€ are:

a) Oxymoronic;
b) An endangered specie;
c) Extinct;
d) Mythical

6 Likes

ā€œFar from right thinkerā€ would probably be more appropriate.

8 Likes

There appears to be a push on the right to file lawsuits against social media platforms by those who feel they have been wronged. I hope the judges in the cases make the filers pay their opponentsā€™ legal fees when they lose.

5 Likes

far-right thinkers

What is this ā€œfar-right thinkerā€ that this article speaks of? Iā€™ve never heard of it, but when I put all the words together, it brings to mind something akin to the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, and aliens (space aliens, that is - which, to be frank, are probably just as prevalent in the minds of far-right thinkers as the kind of ā€œaliensā€ they worry are invading the US).

1 Like