Discussion: Inky The Octopus Breaks Out Of Aquarium, Makes Way To The Pacific

“He also smashed open a piggy bank on his way out, so he’d have spending money.”

16 Likes

Congratulations, Inky!!

I hope to join you in a few months in the event of a Cruz or Trump electoral victory!

:octopus: :ocean:

13 Likes

as a test of his intelligence the scientists force Inky to watch the back and forth between Rev Al and Megyn Kelly…

after blowing his ink sack in disgust, Inky makes his break…

GOOD INKY!!!

11 Likes

"And, in a final display of insolence, he used a piece of chalk left lying on the floor to crudely scrawl the message:
“sO loNg aNd tHanKs for aLL tHe fiSh.”

30 Likes

Years ago when I was at an Aquarium on the East Coast we had an escape artist octopus. He usually escaped into the back-up area behind the tanks and we’d find him on the ceiling or in another tank. The animals are very intelligent, perhaps the most intelligent of the invertebrates and made to survive. They don’t do well in captivity though so it’s a good thing this one found a way out.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Wow! Another thing to add to my “Octopi are amazing animals” mental file. They really are incredible animals!

3 Likes

10 Likes

He probably got the idea from Finding Nemo. “All drains lead to the ocean.”

8 Likes

Among us, there are none who can resist the call of Cthulu.

14 Likes

There was an article I read a while ago were an aquarium was puzzled because fish kept disappearing from their tanks overnight. After setting up cameras they discovered the octopus had been sneaking out, going into other tanks to eat the fish, and then returning to its own tank.

17 Likes

Reinforces veganism for me (as unethical as I am in my compliance) – Edit 4 spellik

2 Likes

Indeed! Now I can’t get Thomas Newman’'s Shawshank score out of my head, not that thats a bad thing at all.

3 Likes

You funny!

Wait is this real or a Finding Nemo parody?

Inky, I bow in your direction: (-.-) (_ _) (-.-) // ***** applause.

What an awesome animal. If these stories keep up I’m going to have to think hard about becoming a vegetarian.

Ok, I thought about it. I’m such a carnivore. Can’t do it, but my heart’s in the right place. :smile:

6 Likes

I think it was Baltimore. They named the octopus “Houdini” because of it.

2 Likes

Why can’t Ted Cruz find his way back to Calgary?

4 Likes

let freedom ring

3 Likes