Discussion: Indicted Dem Rep Says She Has Been Targeted Because She Is Black

That’s exactly what Jesse Jackson, Jr. said.

Then again, it is curious that a lot of white grifters never seem to ever run afoul of the law.

Michael Grimm? Rod Blagojevich? Jim Trafficant? And those are just the ones that come immediately to mind.

2 Likes

There are serious and legitimate concerns about how American society treats black people, and Corrine Brown trivializes them when she pretends that she’s being persecuted because of her race.

6 Likes

at least she didn’t use the old standby…

‘I’m being judged on a double standard because I’m a woman because men don’t get targeted for doing the same things’

I was thinking more along the lines of Donald Drumpf, Mike Hucksterbee, et al.

She left out the part where she engaged in fraud as reason for her “persecution.”

DefraudingLivesMatter?

1 Like

No, sweetheart, it’s not because you’re black, it’s because you’re a scumbag crook.

1 Like

And you have evidence of the kind of fraud that this stupid woman perpetrated? That Jesse Jackson Jr perpetrated? That Aaron Schock perpetrated (a white guy with a killer bod who is doing time now for fraud)?

This kind of content-free crap about “everybody does it” is ridiculous. Everybody does not do it. You can dislike a candidate while not accusing them of fraud.

Feds: Disappointing; she was supposed to play The Woman Card first.

A Florida congresswoman indicted on fraud charges is telling supporters she’s being “persecuted” by federal authorities because she’s black.

Um, no. Nice try, though. Don Pardo, tell her what she’s won to go with her stay at a federal resort!

This makes me cringe. If she’s innocent she has a point. If not it’s truly pathetic.