Discussion: Indiana Gov. Pence: Not 'Helpful' To 'Question The President's Patriotism'

Discussion for article #233527

But Pence thinks tying immigration to Homeland Security funding is somehow helpful? At last he’s consistent with the other clowns.

3 Likes

He took a step toward truth and a display of R courage but remained in the weasley truthiness zone instead

9 Likes

Yes, it’s a “mistake” because it might cause you to tank in general.

Governor Pence - and Senator Paul - how about saying, “I think he’s as Patriotic as any other American.”

The ugliness is really ugly.

9 Likes

I guess I’m an uber patriot/hero who can never be questioned because I also saw 3,000 fellow citizens (I also care about any non-citizens in the building, but I’m a hand-wringing liberal) die on 9/11. Why again does this give Guiliani so much cred?

7 Likes

He saw nearly three thousand of his own citizens die

So, he somehow owns people now? Sounds un-American to me.

8 Likes

I think it would be helpful to discern between the words ‘Islamic’ and ‘Islamistic’ . The first refers to the religion and culture as in ‘Islamic societies’, the latter refers to a totalitarian political ideology, using Islam as an alibi for imposing a reign of terror on the citizens of Islamic societies.

2 Likes

Because well-crafted emotional, pseudopatriotic “yawps” have more impact than objective reality.[1]

[1] And for those who doubt the concept of objective reality, I volunteer myself to kick you, half a dozen times, in the shins with my heaviest hiking boots so you can ascertain the impact of objective reality on your tender tibia.

5 Likes

Not so much a “profile” in courage; more of an “ass-cheek in courage.”

4 Likes

Jeepers. If Dumber Than A Sack off Hammers Pence gets it, what’s Scott Walker’s excuse?

4 Likes

He’s running for president of the nitwit, teabagger population.

A minority.

1 Like

Looks like the GOP talking points are in full circulation.

“a mistake …” - Rand Paul
“don’t think it’s helpful …” - Mike Pence

I’m old enough to recognize the famous GOP tactic of non-denial denial.

1 Like

Bingo, you’ve put the lie to the right wing claim that liberal philosophy is based on unthinking “feelings.”

3 Likes

Mike Pence was the single dumbest Republican member of Congress when he was in office, a tough crown to achieve. It’s nice to see that he hasn’t lost his touch in the Indiana Gov’s mansion.

2 Likes

context is everything. you have to understand mikey. mikey is a parasite. he attaches himself to anyone or anything in power. playing the game, but never doing the job. he will do, say, be anything he needs to be in order to stay attached to power - be that no man’s mitch daniels and/or kochroach money. he has no core beliefs of is own. he sticks his finger up to see which way his masters are blowing, not the wind created for or by those forced to endure his policies. So when asked any question, he will sither his way thru with weasel words the take away. anything to stay inside the bubble of money. the downstate small town insulated church folk and rural skeert wasps support him. anyone with a brain see the shell and scoff that anyone else would take him seriously.

2 Likes

I think that making a distinction between the billion Islamic followers and 20,000 crazy followers of a cult is way too difficult for republican brains.

2 Likes

Same idiots who criticized FDR for not harshly condemning communism and Stalin while we were at war with the Nazis.

1 Like

I think it’s not helpful for OTHERS to question Obama’s patriotism. Geez Looeez, this was supposed to be MY territory, and now lookit all the clowns spoiling it for me. Me, I got it down: say literally it’s not helpful, which conveys the idea that others are pure amateurs and unserious and not to be trusted with the delicate job that professional eRpublican pols like me learned as young whippersnappers about how to say one thing that sounds like a denial while conditioning it with more things that superficially make it appear you’re reasonable but in fact do the job better at undermining the subject of the cheap shot. I’ve been at this sort of thing since even before Gingrich came along to peddle it as a degree program along with that civilizing force bull; I know what I’m talking about. These untrained pikers shouldn’t be allowed to foul the ground for the rest of us.

1 Like

Innumeracy is at the heart of their creed. It’s also why they buy most of the lottery tickets.

These perfidious fucks don’t see reality, they think they create it.