Discussion: In Sudden About Face, Trump Admits Obama Was Born In US

You said it. This sh*t isn’t funny anymore, if it ever was. I’d like to rip that ridiculous comb-over off Trump’s head and stuff it down his throat. The a**hole needs to go away in disgrace.

5 Likes

I think the onslaught of Trump trolls pushing that it was HRC all along that was the real “birther” that might have pushed their buttons. They came out in droves yesterday.

Add in the disrespect Trump gave the reporters at his “press conference” yesterday and you get pushback.

6 Likes

One lie too many?

Hope so.

5 Likes

frankly_my_dear, you have just posted the best and most important post I have seen this year. The fifth line from the bottom is the key:

“IF THERE IS A DEFENCE, IT IS THE MOLDER OF OPINION, THE PRESS. IN GERMANY THE PRESS WAS NEUTERED THROUGH STATE CONTROL. IN AMERICA THE PRESS HAS NEUTERED ITSELF IN PURSUIT OF PROFITS. IF THE PRESS CAN TEAR ITSELF AWAY FROM THE CONSTANT PURSUIT OF FILTHY LUCRE AND BRING ITSELF TO CALL OUT THE LIES, THERE IS YET HOPE. IT LOOKS LIKE IT’S GOING TO BE A VERY NEAR-RUN THING THOUGH”

Trump knows the MSM. He plays it like a fiddle. And I am inclined to trust the MSM no farther than six inches from my own nose. The ghastly reality is that the MSM is still believed in by the very people “in the middle” that the MSM have been able to persuade to support Trump, over the last several weeks. Social media, while effective at times, simply does not have the “reality creating” power of the MSM. Andrea Mitchell can gaze into the screen and intone wildly, hate-filled** and inaccurate “clouds of doubt” over Hillary and the soccer moms and joe sixpacks will sagely nod, ignore Trump’s death-threats to Hillary at his fascist rallies and say to themselves, “Maybe Andrea’s got something there”.

The ONLY way that I will even entertain the idea that AP, Andrea or the rest of the MSM ghouls are even considering practicing a degree of journalism on Trump is if it persists until 8 November.

One other thing. I loathe the MSM. But I am aware that they employ journalists. A POS like Brian Williams is what the Brits call “a presenter”, someone who tells the audience what the bosses want from the safety of a studio. On the other hand, I consider Richard Engel a journalist. He is limited by his bosses as well, but he is still a journalist–which was borne out during Arab Spring when both Williams and Engel were on the scene. The contrast between the chickened-out Williams and the calm Engel was hilarious…Which leads me to the punchline of MY post here. Over at Sam Wang’s Princeton site, there has been discussion over (a) the fact that the PRESS made the race all-of-a-sudden close and (b) the fact that those MSM people WHO ARE ACTUAL JOURNALISTS have been wanting to get at Trump and hold him accountable for his lies by journalistic toughness…however, IT IS THE HIGHER-UPS who are restraining them…the same 20 or so top MSM ghoulish honchos that we are waiting on to have a conscience.

** Andrea Mitchell will never give Hillary Clinton a modicum of fairness and she should be taken off of her beat covering her. The MSM is presently in a default position of pumping up Trump and the GOP and savaging Democrats…but I think, in the case of Mrs. Greenspan (AKA Andrea Mitchell), Mitchell LOATHES Hill.

It’s personal, and anyone can see that

14 Likes

Late yesterday afternoon’s media, exhausted from bulk erasing pool footage, was quick to award itself laurel crowns for Intrepidity While Being Billed for Hotel Occupancy but the ‘battle’ derailed as big date turned psycho wham bam without even the courtesy of the traditional “Thank you, ma’am”. And all tinged with the edgy Nazi flavoring that made dating a bad boy so attractive and filled with sexy potential in the first place before the tiny hands and penis loomed and you found yourself locked in another white and gold ballroom…Oh the shame.

4 Likes

It is well-past time for the media - and Hillary and Democrats, and anyone who cares about the future of the country - to put away the Thesauruses. No more “falsehood,” misrepresentation," “gaffe,” “factually questionable,” “controversial statement’” etc. Trump is a “liar” who tells “lies” about everything - himself, his businesses, his foundation, his reasons for doing or not doing things, Hillary, anyone who disagrees with or challenges him, and most importantly his so-called policies and what he’d do to the United States and the world. Say it with me, media, every time Trump opens his mouth you must report: “Trump is lying again” and tell us why, and confront him on it with facts and do not back down. It’ll be good for your profits, believe me.

14 Likes

By admitting that the Prez is a natural born citizen, HO also admits many other things.
He admits that he either lied for the last 5 years or is a sucker that finally snapped out of it.
He admits that he intentionally promoted the hoax for personal gain and he caves on his prejudice.
His word is good for nothing, this also is now a proven thing. No matter what he claims, eventually he’ll do the about face.

He is the biggest birther idiot on he planet. His eventual embarrassment changes nothing, he will always be that guy.

11 Likes

All he’s saying is that his investigators finally found the DNA evidence from that rock that the Pres. crawled out from under —

1 Like

While I appreciate the appearance of the scales finally falling of the eyes of the MSM, I will believe they really have been converted when it happens repeatedly over the next several weeks. I will believe it when it is the subject of the Sunday morning talk shows.

I don’t want to be overly confident as to their sudden conversion. It wouldn’t take much for them, at this point, to return to their former ways.

8 Likes

I don’t know that I agree that Andrea Mitchell hates Hillary Clinton, but I absolutely agree that Richard Engel is one if the very few real reporters left-- a reporter in the Ed Murrow tradition who should have been the moderator of the NBC national security “debate”, rather than Matt Lauer.

Looking at this morning’s papers - the Times and the Post - it does look like there has been something of a “reporters rebellion” against their editors, based on yesterday’s Trump events.

Front page NYT two column headline-- " Trump gives up a lie but refuses to repent". And in the slashing article under the headline, “Trump nurtured the conspiracy like a poisonous flower.” Then right under this headline story is an article on Trump’s assassination threats uttered last night in Florida. The bolded headline is “See what happens to Clinton if guards disarm, Trump says”. And the lede line-- " Trump once again raised the spector of violence against Hilksry Clinton…" And nowhere in the paper is an article by that fellow Healey that the Times’ editors have previously used for the hit pieces against Clinton. The Post’s front page is similar, with a similar headline, and gets this in bold right beneath it: "Trump “tries to falsely pin birtherism on Clinton”.

I have no idea how long this miny reporters’ rebellion will last, but at least there was a morning’s worth of responsible reporting today. I was actually more concerned with the Clinton campaign’s response over Robby Mook’s signature, which was very weak. The truth is that Trump is greenlighting an assissination attemp on Clinton, and the campaign ought to say so.

11 Likes

So yesterday, September 16, 2016, Trump “ended” the Birther conspiracy theory – by compelling Obama to release his long-form birth certificate in 2011. Even though Trump kept actively pushing the conspiracy theory through 2014 (claiming the birth certificate was “fabricated”), and never once acknowledged Obama was born in the U.S. until yesterday.

Sure, makes perfect sense. No problem at all. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

6 Likes

That’s called lava and it’s all over Hawaii, you know, the birthplace of BHO.

And speaking of investigation team. Remember the BS about the amazing things they were discovering. How idiotic is that now that Dumbo Trump admits he was lying all along?

There’s a reason why he got off of that stage as fast as he could, his lies fail fastly and furiously with only slight examination.

5 Likes

It’s one story and one reporter. I, too, am astonished but we’ll see if they keep it up.

2 Likes

Truthiness! The Colbert Report lives on!! :->

4 Likes

I believe - I trust - I hope - that a taboo has been broken - and that now it’s possible to call a lie a lie.

Once broken, such a taboo is seldom repaired - < crosses fingers and knocks on wood >

2 Likes

Lets hope that every publication adopts the practice of the huffPo and puts a Ed Note at the end of every article that reminds their readers that Trump is a serial liar. It should also be pointed out that he is such an accomplished liar that he fools himself and is unable to distinguish the truth from his fabric of lies… As a result, every strong believe that he espouses should be questioned.

2 Likes

The GOP base demand their pols lie and have those lies turned into Gospel truth through Con-gress. Derpy Donnie is “only carrying out orders”.

2 Likes

Looks like the NYT also piled on, and the Seattle Times ran it on the front page with the title: Trump long fanned ‘birther’ lie before he ‘finished it’.

2 Likes

The next HO epiphany, OK, so Hillary didn’t start it-I never said she did but she is s a serial liar, that I know from personal experience, lots and lots of it.

1 Like

He apparently thinks that by making this announcement on Friday and taking no questions on it, the media will mostly just move on to cover whatever the next couple of crazy/offensive things he says are – for example that Hillary’s bodyguards should be disarmed and “then let’s see what happens to her.” Based on the performance of the press corpse up to this point, Trump is not crazy for thinking that might work. Up to this point, it’s worked again and again.

Some of the immediate reaction from the press suggests he might not skate so easily this time – but let’s see whether any significant number of reporters really press him on this when he finally does get around to taking questions from reporters again, or whether by then they will mostly have moved on to whatever topic Trump wants them to focus on next.

Because while Trump can’t control what the media say about him (at least not to nearly the degree he’d like to) he has shown that he is frequently able to change the topic at will, simply by making new wild claims and outrageous statements about whatever new topic it is that he wants to get the media to focus on next. Then you’ve got new wild claims and outrages vs older wild claims and outrages – and given those choices, Trump knows which topic the bulk of the media will pursue – there’s a reason it’s called the news business, and there’s a reason it’s called the news business.

I would liken this topic-shifting gambit to hitting the “hyperspace” button in the old video game Asteroids. Doing so would allow a player who was about to be hit by an asteroid to disappear and reappear somewhere else on the screen. No guarantee that the new spot wouldn’t turn our to be right next to another asteroid about to crash into you, but if you were quick enough, you could usually hit the button again, until you found yourself in a space where you could maneuver. Didn’t always work, but once you had the hang of it, it worked pretty well a good deal of the time. And that’s kind of what Trump does: In a tight spot, he hits “hyperspace.” And if he doesn’t like where he lands, he hits it again.

Of course this time he mucked things up a bit, by giving the media a new wild claim on the same topic, even as he tried to shift away to new topics. That’s like hitting the “fire” button and the “hyperspace” button at the same time – so we’ll have to see if hitting the “hyperspace” button still worked.

2 Likes