Discussion: In Public, Aides Say Trump Is Teflon; In Private, They Worry About The Future

1 Like

You don’t have to be Nostradamus to see Dotard’s future…

34 Likes

Probably a bad time to bring up tax returns … eh ? ? …

38 Likes

"How do you spin a fact?”

There’s the central question the Republican Party has grappled with for decades.

44 Likes

Press Mouthpiece SHitS must have forgotten all her Sunday School lessons to proclaim this stuff day after day. On the possibility she believes what she is saying, well – a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

But – in the photo — doesn’t it look like Kelly is ordering a hit on some reporter?

(And why are Republicans the only ones talking impeachment except for the commentariat?)

14 Likes

Here’s a tweet he relatively calmly tweeted in the middle of the night.

NO COLLUSION - RIGGED WITCH HUNT!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 23, 2018
29 Likes

Do GOP alternate facts spin in the opposite direction? Or does the coriolis effect become a factor? What about so-called climate change?

14 Likes

He should count sheep.

9 Likes

It’s how they plan to stop the next hurricane that heads for Florida (Puerto Rico can take its chances.)

4 Likes

This kind of reminds me of Donald.

8 Likes

IMO the problem is that we have now all been “Trump-normalized”… we expect him to go batshit crazy, and when he doesn’t he gets Kudos. Trump should be called out as a liar by every news media organization every day.

22 Likes

So how long before Trump leaks a story refuting this to Haberman, and she dutifully quotes him as “someone familiar with the presidents thinking”?

13 Likes

I guess Spanky thinks that if you say something often enough, it becomes reality. It never worked for me, I never got the pony or the motorcycle.

12 Likes

Wonder when the house will fall on the head witch? Hopefully the ruby slippers of the presidency can’t protect him from everything!

20 Likes

Hey Trump Aides: Teflon Don - perhaps - but when you cook in it (the Teflon) - at high heats and erratic motions - the oil can fly out of the pan and cause very serious burns.

9 Likes

I hope someone is telling him, “Don’t worry, Mr. President, with your levels of stress, BP readings of 200/130 are to be expected. Once the witch hunt is over, you’ll be fine”.

4 Likes

Aides say Trump is ‘Teflon’.

20 Likes

"Staffers have been trying to distract Trump with his favorite activities like golfing and campaign rallies, to keep him from watching TV.

I wonder how much time Trump spends doing his job?

15 Likes

Normalcy bias is a very powerful force. Thing is, barring some incredible revelation or astonishing collapse—the kind that actually happened in Canada in 1993—impeachment is off the table. If we don’t get at least the House in November, this country may not make it. We could see a war in Europe, God only knows what could happen. If we do, then the investigations start and the pressure builds. I think we don’t consider enough how likely it is that Trump goes through some sort of mental or physical health crisis that ends his presidency. A mentally ill 72-year-old with terrible health habits isn’t going to be at the epicenter the worst political scandal in history without enduring a hell of a lot of wear and tear. You know all those before and after pictures of Presidents who’ve aged a lot? You can imagine.

25 Likes

Suzzy Roche, in my case. (Sigh.)

5 Likes