Discussion: In Davos Speech Friday, Trump To Declare America Open For Business

And I am America, so I could say I’m open for business. Believe me. Let’s do a deal. Need any money laundered?

4 Likes

Open for bizness? Yeah, I’d say…but only after Don the Con bankrupts the country just like he does all his other private ventures.

It’s like a fire sale!

And, if you need Whirlpool washing machines to launder your money with the help of our revamped, newly unregulated banking system…America will be your kind of place.

3 Likes

Many Bothans died to bring us this information, “America is open for business.”

You greatly underestimate Don the Con. He intends to achieve the mathematically impossible bankruptcy of the whole world.

3 Likes

Shhhh…Bozo the President is speaking at Davos now. We’re just seconds away from him embarrassing the country on another world stage. Wish they had one of those hooks to grab him and pull him offstage.

1 Like

Listening now…He’s being “teleprompter” Trump - monotone, reading from the prompter…and every word he speaks is either an outright lie or is belied by his administration’s policies and if you paid any attention to the campaign, you see that he believes none of it.
It is Far more accurate to call this “fake” than anything he calls “fake news.”

4 Likes

In the Q&A afterward, Trump is touting the tax cuts and the huge amount we will see in our paychecks. Well, I just got paid yesterday and my “HUGE”,“MASSIVE” (all words Trump has used ) tax cut is in my check. I am single, and make just under $49,000 a year and get paid every 2 weeks. So, I am exactly the type that this tax scam was “designed for”, right? Well…here’s my “massive” tax cut - Net Pay increased by $34, equal to $17 a week.
Now, more take home is more take home - but “HUGE” MASSIVE"??? Not really.
Any other middle class people see their tax cut yet? I’m interested to see what others have gotten.

4 Likes

Exactly, and if he gets an ounce of praise from anything slightly to the the left of the far most rightwing fanatics at home, he’ll be tweeting by nightfall some insane shit to get them all back onboard. But to do so he’ll have to deny his globalist ambitions in front of a bunch of billionaires right now. All the claims he made about our economy are still a result of the hard work Obama did while he was in office and the polls by most Americans still recognize that. This is still Obama’s economy. What belongs to tRump is that our dollar has depreciated while he’s been in office. Anyone that tells you that’s a good thing is nuts.

4 Likes

From the BBC http://www.bbc.com/news/live/business-42754703

Now the speech is over, many in the room have left - they’ve clearly heard enough.

I think there’s disappointment that President Trump hasn’t faced tougher questioning here.

WEF founder Klaus Schwab has asked him to explain tax reform but is now letting the President ramble on yet further about how great America is.

2 Likes

I always like it when he reads something on the teleprompter that he didn’t realize was there and says something like 'so true, so true."

3 Likes

We welcome all extractive industries with open arms. China - please buy more midwest factory farms and slap a good ol’ american name on the label. Middle Eastern billionaires - come on over and buy up more apartments in luxurious sky scrapers that block the sun from the rabble - London isn’t the only place you can launder your arms trading money. Our deregulation means we can deforest as fast as Madagascar - come one come all.

2 Likes

Davos is a joke to begin with. Its a bunch of millionaires, billionaires and political party elites that sit around and pat themselves on the back for all the things they claim they care about. The trouble is massive economic insecurity is increasing and the consolidation of world wealth has gone to the uppermost around the world. Its now at an all time high. These people like to think they’re the economic engine that makes the world go round when in fact, they’re the reason the world continues to have economic disparity around the globe. These people have lined their pockets often at the expense of the poor. I would guess most of them have tax shelters in the Cayman Islands or elsewhere that keep their own money taxfree as well. Davos is a snobbish retreat for pretend do-gooders for the most part. Its why most Presidents with any concern for the least of us, don’t attend the farce the benefactors of great wealth try to peddle. Its Capitalism on steroids. Oh, and it gets great press from the corporate media because they too are the benefactors of great wealth that propagate the importance of Davos and the people that show up there.

2 Likes

Btw, according to Rachel Maddow the other day, tRump brought along nearly every agency head he appointed and then some in his administration to Davos. The numbers of people traveling there on this trip were staggering. No mention of that in the press for the most part, I notice. The amount that we as taxpayers are forking over for this unnecessary trip to Switzerland for their travel, lodgings and expenses should make any American mad. Its just one more example of the waste and abuse of our money this maladministration has shelled out to keep the millionaires happy, that tRump has put in charge of destroying our government. So much winning.

2 Likes

If Trump doesn’t start sing the right tune for the international business and banking oligarch crowd, they will soon find a way to neutralize him…a lot faster than the justice system in the US can. He’d better listen to what the smart people are telling him, he’s not in Queens anymore.

2 Likes

Keep in mind everyone’s paychecks are slightly larger at the start of each year as you don’t pay federal tax on your first $10,000 in earnings, that kicks in after that amount is earned. So that may be the reason for the $17 boost.

2 Likes

No one there respects Trump or expects him to say anything meaningful. Allowing him to ramble and confabulate keeps him from taking offense and taking some stupid, vengeful action when he gets back to the US.

2 Likes

I’m a freelancer myself so I don’t get paychecks, I just get my taxes done and they tell me where to sign. But I sat down and did some rough figuring and it looked like median-income folks get about what you did—enough for a large pizza and some bottles of soda. I offered to do a short video for the local Democrats debunking the idea that anyone’s life is going to improve because of this, and if you don’t mind I’ll have it be about a “friend” and use your numbers. I just like to use actual, true examples in things like this when possible. We cool? I’ve been trying to wrap up the brainstorming phase and you’ve confirmed that I had something workable.

1 Like

After watching his speech on you tube,
I believe he is living proof that prozac really does work. lol

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available