Discussion: Impeachment Lite? New GOP Plan To Punish Obama May Not Be Constitutional

Discussion for article #230601

GOP I see you have ā€œpainteh thine self into a cornerā€.ROFLMAOAY

21 Likes

The president should censor or condemn congress right back. Each branch of government is equal. If one can censure, then they all can.

31 Likes

And even if the GOP could some way to thread the needle on this, keeping it constitutional, getting it past a Senate filibuster, and make it sting, their base still wouldnā€™t be happy. Theyā€™ve got too much hatred and anger invested in impeachment to accept anything short of it.

22 Likes

Every minute and every dollar spent chasing the president will be counted against them when itā€™s time to elect the next Democratic president.

15 Likes

Dear Democrats:

When you control Congress again, do us all a favor and hammer these bastards. If you canā€™t, get out of the way so that activist Democrats and liberals can sit in your seats. Trust me, there are more than a few rank and file Democrats who would love to knock some Republicans into the dirt and then rub their faces in it.

40 Likes

What a bunch of gutless fucks. Once again we hear the Republicans stammering about ā€œthe rule of lawā€, while at the same time incapable of actually following it. Please proceed.

37 Likes

ā€œā€¦itā€™s an action beyond the authority of Congressā€¦ā€

Now is the time for onservatives to have the courage of their convictions.

Censure Reagan.

17 Likes

Boehner and McConnell and the Cirque du GOP will be performing at both chambers for the next two years. Admittance is free. Bring your own popcorn.

31 Likes

This MIGHT keep the majority of the rank-and-file happy, but the base will be pissed, and the Usual Suspects (Bill-O, Shammity, El Fatso, Levin) will be apoplectic.

9 Likes

So letā€™s see if I understand this. ā€œImpeachment liteā€ because itā€™ll lead to ā€œBacklash liteā€??

Sounds to me like a perfect strategy to piss EVERYBODY off.

Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump said that.

EDIT:

ā€œI think we should censure the president of the United States,ā€ Labrador said.

Sit, boy! Sit! Fetch the stick!

13 Likes

To which we all say ā€œtee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!!!ā€ LOL

5 Likes

More dumb manship from the little cretinsā€¦of Destroy America!

Call them out:

1.866.338.1015 or 1866.220.0044

2 Likes

One would certainly hope so

Donā€™t hold your breath waiting for the pussy dems to stand up and be counted

7 Likes

For all the good a censure would do, Republicans may as well just send Obama a fruit basket and flowers.

10 Likes

Gawd, just spit on him and yell ā€˜you lieā€™ at him, these are well established traditional methods for dealing with a president that you hate because of his race.

14 Likes

ā€œBut thereā€™s one big problem with this plan: censuring the president might be unconstitutional.ā€

OK, but whatā€™s the problem then? This is the Republicans weā€™re talking about here.

12 Likes

One of the great tragedies of the human experience is that thereā€™s something in the makeup of ridiculous, ignorant, bloviating bullheaded blowhards that makes them want to run other peopleā€™s lives.

(Sigh.) Not a good thought to start the day with. Letā€™s see if Jon Stewart can cheer me upā€¦

7 Likes

I guess one of the things we can be sure of is that the GOP will overreach.

And to all the news organizations who alleged the Republicans were serious this time, the political pundits who claimed the GOP had actual plans and the voters who punched the ballots for Republicans thinking they were interested in working together to ā€œget things doneā€, I have a pet rock Iā€™d like to sell you. He does a great act of playing dead.

19 Likes