Discussion: Images From Las Vegas Shooting Capture Terror, Chaos From Scene

Trump: “I hear the mass shooting in Vegas is getting great ratings! Puerto Rico should be more grateful. NBA players better stand for the anthem. Now watch this drive…”

My theory is that the shooter, Stephen Craig Paddock was a Trump fan and did this to take the media attention away from the Puerto Rico disaster, which was making Trump look bad.

Here’s the thing I hate about this, aside from the fact that we now have 450+ new mass-shooting casualties to momentarily slake the Tree of Liberty’s insatiable thirst for the blood of innocents. It’s the part where we can’t just focus on being sad and appalled because we have to standby and wait to learn the race of the shooter to find out whether Trump has finally gotten his Reichstag Fire. That and the part where we are able to at least deduce that the murdering fiend de jour wasn’t Muslim and was white because this happened last night and we haven’t already been specifically told otherwise.

1 Like

I was not appreciating that this was a fully automatic weapon. It’s going to be interesting to watch this investigation unfold. Was he licensed (yes, you can be licensed to own such a weapon, if you can believe that) to own a machine gun?

And licensed or not, where did the gun come from?

1 Like

It is surprising there is little mention in the media that clearly this was a full automatic or several based on the sound. Those are the hardest/most expensive/most regulated weapons to get.

1 Like