Discussion: Illinois Gov Says Voters Shouldn't Support Dem Over Nazi GOP Candidate

This has become less funny, with Trumpp and after Charlottesville, but it remains obligatory.

39 Likes

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) slammed Jones as a “bigoted fool” on Friday, and called on voters to either write in another candidate or vote for Lipinski.
…
When Ted Cruz says to vote for the democrat you know the GOPer is bad news. Yet the Governor supports a NAZI.
Go figure. It’s Illinois. Heh, and I live in AZ (we aren’t anything to brag about)

35 Likes

Arthur Jones is thinking fuck it, if Trump did it why can’t I?

24 Likes

Arthur Jones, who describes the Holocaust as “the biggest, blackest lie in history,” is running against Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL), a moderate pro-life Democrat.

Gee. Decisions, decisions.

36 Likes

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) slammed Jones as a “bigoted fool” on Friday, and called on voters to either write in another candidate or vote for Lipinski.

When WCIA reporters asked Rauner if he would do the same, the answer was “no.”

“The one thing I will say is the person, that guy, Johnson or whatever his
name is, should not be on the ballot,” said the Illinois governor.

Spineless.

“Johnson” (aka Jones, as Rauner well knows), is on the ballot. Quit hiding in an alternate reality.

18 Likes

I like how Cruz mentions a write in as an option.

In a race between a moderate Democrat or a clearly unqualified stupid nutjob, a write in is a good option.

I’ve heard this argument before…someone help me here.

16 Likes

Rauner’s statement is a profile in cowardice. He says Jones shouldn’t be on the ballot, but the fact is that he is on the ballot. His Democratic opponent is the closest thing there is to a Republican in the Democratic Party, and yet Rauner still can’t bring himself to endorse him over Jones. This is tribalism at the most extreme.

57 Likes

Modern American political tribalism at its very best.

15 Likes

There is no helping them
The brainwashing is complete
Democrats = Treason
Thank you Murdoch and Ailes

12 Likes

Rauner’s entire failed re-election campaign is seemingly entirely focused on toilet humor.

What an asshat, but then again, he’s appealing to Republican’s…

6 Likes

Rauner is in a tough fight with JB (who I really like, and his running mate is going to be a future Gov — remember this name: Juliana Stratton). I can’t believe Rauner just wrote Pritzker’s latest ad for him — he must really want an electoral beat down.

20 Likes

“I snookered them,” [Jones] told Politico.

Not sure why an open and admitted Nazi who won his primary running as a Republican thinks he snookered anybody.

38 Likes

But he’s anti-abortion! Any decent human being would either boycott the election or else vote for the nazi to heighten the contradictions. <//poe>>

Rauner: friend of nazis or just pandeering to nazis for their votes?

6 Likes

Jesus! When ya lose Ted Cruz.

20 Likes

So in this particular case you could argue that there is honor among thieves.

(Hey, so we ended up actually fielding a Nazi as a potential candidate, but we’ll find a way out just don’t vote for the Democrat because…)

4 Likes

Ted’s objection is that Jones lacks subtlety and discipline in his messaging.

23 Likes

This would be a lot easier to live through if I knew when it was going to end and what the worst was going to be. It’s so very disturbing that a governor “locked in a tight race” thinks he benefits from declining to say “don’t vote for the Nazi.” And presumably the race remains tight after he did this. So far, the Virginia elections and various special elections have been quite encouraging, but we have a ways to go.

14 Likes

Illinois Gov Says Voters Shouldn’t Support Dem Over Nazi GOP Candidate

Chapter 17 in the new book Republican Profiles in Courage.

8 Likes

Ted is looking for votes and trying to act like a human. I don’t take his advice on anything at all. If the people in Illinois don’t vote for the Democrat’…No words come to mind.

6 Likes